What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I WANT to bake some potato wheat bread but I don't have time because I have to clean this hoarder home of mine before my family decides I need intervention.

Glenn brought home 2 quarts of fresh strawberries yesterday from a local strawberry farm. I capped them and put a tiny bit of sugar on them. They were so sweet they hardly needed any more sweetener, so today I'm making a batch of cream scones instead of shortcake. Can't wait for tonight's dessert.

Me, too. I WANT to make Alix's Lemon Bars -- even bought lemons this morning. But just finished painting the garage door and it's 90F (at least I was in the shade), and I'm too whupped to make them today. Gotta make 'em tomorrow, though.

I am baking bullar today, swedish cinnamon buns...

will bake one pan with brown sugr and cinnamon ans raisins

and another pan with feta nad ajvar (balkan red pepper spread)

I love to bake. I also enjoy cooking, but would rather bake. But ever since this eating thingy of mine has been going on, I seem to have lost interest in baking. I want to make a pan of cinnamon buns, minus the raisins for Son #1 along with the magical chocolate cake. But I seem to have lost any interest in baking. Hopefully when my appetite returns completely, so will my interest in baking. I am doing better though with the eating thingy. I had two slices of pizza today. And the topping of one slice on Wednesday night. Who would have thought there could be so many aftereffects after the NoroVirus. :)

Oh Addie I am sorry for the problem you had. Norovirus infection is something i just read about and newer knew it existed. (thankk God for Google and wikipedia )
I hope you will feel healthy soon and you will never againg have this experience.

Hope to see you soon with some yummy recipe

have a nice day

Oh Addie I am sorry for the problem you had. Norovirus infection is something i just read about and newer knew it existed. (thankk God for Google and wikipedia )
I hope you will feel healthy soon and you will never againg have this experience.
Hope to see you soon with some yummy recipe.
have a nice day

I wouldn't wish the NoroVirus on an ex-husband. Any ex-husband. :)

46112-albums880-picture4747.jpg

leek and wallnut pie

Spinach Lasagne & Gâteau Grenoblois Walnut Cake

:chef: Saturday

I am baking a spinach lasagne for tomorrow´s Sunday Lunch and a surprise for the Vet, as he loves Walnuts, one of his fave Rum, Espresso & Walnut Bread Cakes. :yum:

Margi. Cintrano. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Baked my partner's birthday cake for tomorrow. He says "looks like more people have RSVP'd", I had already baked one 10" cake, so I baked another. One recipe of Hershey's Perfect Chocolate cake bakes up nice and tall in a 10"x3" deep pan. I now have a VERY tall 4 layer (each cake split) cake filled with whipped chocolate ganache.

Once the beast is chilled, I'll get a picture of it!

Thanks! I brushed the layers with a sugar syrup, spiked with Kahlua. I wouldn't want to even guess the amount of calories in that 10 pound cake! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom