What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your cake looks great, Bakechef!

I just finished baking 14 dozen "blue" cupcakes for our Kid's Day Camp Friday snack. Each year I come up with a fun snack that goes with the theme for the last day. Last year it was panda faces on cupcakes and this year the theme is "Sky" so I make blue cupcakes, blue buttercream, blue fondant (all sky blue) and we will put them all together with little tiny clouds made out of mini marshmallows. I will try to get pictures on Friday if anyone is interested! :)

LP, they sound fantastic!

I would be very interested in seeing them, thanks :)

I like the sound of the panda ones you did last year too ;)

Your cake looks great, Bakechef!

I just finished baking 14 dozen "blue" cupcakes for our Kid's Day Camp Friday snack. Each year I come up with a fun snack that goes with the theme for the last day. Last year it was panda faces on cupcakes and this year the theme is "Sky" so I make blue cupcakes, blue buttercream, blue fondant (all sky blue) and we will put them all together with little tiny clouds made out of mini marshmallows. I will try to get pictures on Friday if anyone is interested! :)

Now that is a silly statement. :LOL:

So I have to make a b'day cake tomorrow. I'm not big on sweets, so I was thinking cupcakes...I'm thinking of using my grandma's chocolate fudge cake recipe:

1/2 c shortening
1 c sugar (I usually use 1/2 brown, 1/2 white)
1/4 c sour milk (or buttermilk)
2/3 c flour
walnuts
1-1/2 squares bitter chocolate, melted
vanilla
2 eggs

1. Cream butter and shortening, add the ingredients in the order given, being sure to add eggs last.

2. Bake 20-25 minutes in an 8x8 pan. Frost with dark chocolate chips while still hot.

I'm thinking that the cupcakes would probably need 15-18 minutes?

Cupcakes because I don't eat sweets...I notice that there isn't any bp or bs in it--I could probably add 1/2 c grated zucchini as well. As I recall, this is a very fudgy-like cake...

Last edited:
I just pulled a rhubarb loaf out of the oven. I was going to make a second one, but its heating up already so I'll wait to make it tomorrow I think. Its lovely, perfect with a cuppa.

I just pulled a rhubarb loaf out of the oven. I was going to make a second one, but its heating up already so I'll wait to make it tomorrow I think. Its lovely, perfect with a cuppa.

Alix, do you have the recipe handy? I have some rhubarb and need something to take tomorrow for the Mom's at Kid's Camp.

Yesterday morning I baked my DIL's birthday spiced apple pie (I think it was jusnikki's recipe). Smelled so wonderful! I gave it to her intact - such moral fiber! :angel:

The house still holds the aroma today. I'm not sure my square of dark chocolate can hold off the urge to buy more apples.

I am baking a Moist Orange Cake right now...about to start making the icing :)

I will take a photo once done :chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom