What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chocolate muffins/cupcakes with chocolate glaze - recipe from King Arthur Flour.

Had a loaf of honey butter bread done for breakfast...its gone. Likely will make another for supper. Mmmmmm!

I have a cold so I need something really tasty so I'm baking my sheperd's pie. Instead of hamburger, I'm using bulk sausage (fresh! a neighbor butchered a hog and I got some of it) with real potatoes and corn I cut off the cobs and canned last fall. I can actually smell the garlic and sage in it through my stopped up nose.

I made a couple of batches of oatmeal raisin cookies with pecans, and an apple bundt cake. Got a loaf of bread proofing right now.

I've been trying to perfectly bake a carrot cake and poppy loaf seed bread. I follow the recipes I found but I don't seem to understand why I still can't come up with the perfect texture of the bread. I'll just try to do it again and again who knows I'll get my luck.:)

a whole wheat NYTimes bread, this is the first time this season I have made this, can't believe that....and I can't remember my technique for all whole wheat flour

it will go with the soup this week

will also roast some garlic for topping the bread

and some sweet potato chunks or slices that will get crispy in the hot oven

Would you please send me the incredible chocolate cookies recipe .. I also love to bake and always looking for new recipes to try and give to others .

yesterday the UPS person brought me some Ceylon cinnamon, so I am trying a recipe from the bread machine manual for apple, cinnamon, raisin, whole wheat bread.

yesterday i made some really really good sugarless pumpkin and cranberry muffins. subed, splenda for sugar. one half of the amount in reg. splenda and other half in brown splenda. used a banana bread (not muffin) recipes. had just better than a cup of left over pumpkin, and used it instead of bananas. added dried cranberrys. they are just great, moist and the cranberrys just the right flavor. it made one and half dozen. gave some to my granddaughter and they loved them.

Tomorrow will be the day my cloche arrives. I hope to bake some bread. The snow is coming down and the roads are dangerously icy--good day for bread. I may make some banana tea breads, too.

Tomorrow will be the day my cloche arrives. I hope to bake some bread. The snow is coming down and the roads are dangerously icy--good day for bread. I may make some banana tea breads, too.
I hope it gets delivered to you. UPS never showed up today , too icy, so on the 8th hopefully.

I am making cheese straws to take to my Dad tomorrow because the ones I made to take him at Christmas are all gone! I also will be having another "phyllo day" making appetizers for a memorial service on Sunday - a dear friend passed away on Monday from a fall. He had been ill for many years.

If I have time I will also make my Dad and my neighbour's uncle some splenda chocolate chip cookies.

I have a pumpkin/maple cheesecake bundt cake in the oven right now. And when it comes out, I'm going to start baking my turkey.

Getting ready to slice up some cinnamon rolls and set them aside for the last rise.

i bought a can of the new crescent dough, just called creations. think i will try to make something cinnamon with them. i will spread with soft butter, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it. roll slice and bake. do you think that sounds good?:chef:

I am making cheese straws to take to my Dad tomorrow because the ones I made to take him at Christmas are all gone! I also will be having another "phyllo day" making appetizers for a memorial service on Sunday - a dear friend passed away on Monday from a fall. He had been ill for many years.

If I have time I will also make my Dad and my neighbour's uncle some splenda chocolate chip cookies.

how do the chocolate chip cookies with splenda work out? have not tried in cookies yet. muffins etc work great specially like the brown sugar one. :chef:

My banana tea bread recipe. Tomorrow, I hope to make some challah, too. I might even make Nick Malgieri's Supernatural Brownies. I have a present to get in the mail. Someone is going to be very happy!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom