What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think about making a 2 pound loaf of Italian bread every time I see my sponge sitting there in the back corner of the refrigerator, so maybe I will drain off the hootch, feed the sponge, and make that today. Then tomorrow I can make a big pot of my Grandma's sauce with meatballs and Italian sausage and I'll eat Italian the rest of the week; spaghetti and meatballs, Italian sausage and peppers, veal parmigiana, and on the week-end maybe I can make that Snapper Romano recipe I got from the chef at Scoma's.

the cupcakes i made for kiddie school party....made the royal icing cup cake toppers several hours before i started baking the cup cakes.They were a huge hit at the school and were gone in no time..made around 65!

Attachments

• IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 143
the cupcakes i made for kiddie school party....made the royal icing cup cake toppers several hours before i started baking the cup cakes.They were a huge hit at the school and were gone in no time..made around 65!

65!! They're beautiful, too. I nominate you for the Iron Woman Cupcake Baker award. ;)

Made a cheesecake for a coworker (she switched shifts with me) and a pan of cheesecake bars for the family. Couldn't torture them with all those good smells and not give them SOMETHING.

Really beautiful. I'll bet you loved every minute of the work.

Thanks.Yes i enjoyed it tremendously,though it was very tiring but the end result was so exciting it took away all the fatigue!:chef:

I have a couple loaves of bread to put in the oven in a few. Not exciting baking (and not as nice as those cupcakes) but we are out of bread.

Everything here is about ruhbarb. It's ready to get cut up everywhere. We are baking pies, torte's, breads, cakes & muffins. It's peak season now.

simonbaker said:
Everything here is about ruhbarb. It's ready to get cut up everywhere. We are baking pies, torte's, breads, cakes & muffins. It's peak season now.

Please send some my way. Used up my small stash dug from my neighbor, and it should take in a couple years. Sigh.

Please send some my way. Used up my small stash dug from my neighbor, and it should take in a couple years. Sigh.

You should consider checking around the neighborhood. It's a shame how much ruhbarb goes to seed & gets wasted as so many people have it in their back lot with no intentions of using it. Especially alot of rental properties.

simonbaker said:
You should consider checking around the neighborhood. It's a shame how much ruhbarb goes to seed & gets wasted as so many people have it in their back lot with no intentions of using it. Especially alot of rental properties.

That is a great idea. All the relatives had patches, and no one ever really appreciated it.

I have some rhubarb coming tomorrow...a patient's family brings it to me...this is the 4th year in a row!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom