What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a doggone thing...unless I bake some cookies on the dashboard of the car. Too hot to turn even a light bulb on. Glad I made Glenn's birthday cake yesterday. Today's his birthday and we'll have family here in about an hour for cake and ice cream. The ice cream sounds better every degree, er, I mean every minute.:rolleyes:

Ive just made some spring onion bread. Before I baked it and after it had risen, I sprinkled some spring onions and some Rosemary salt on it. I tried some, hot out of the oven with some olive oil sprinkled on it. It was absolutely delicious. By the time I have some more, it will be cold. Hopefully, it tastes just as good cold. :yum:

Thanks guys, the tart tasted pretty good too :LOL:

Mel your spring onion bread sounds amazing...YUM!!

Katie, Happy Birthday to Glenn :)

Not a doggone thing...unless I bake some cookies on the dashboard of the car. Too hot to turn even a light bulb on. Glad I made Glenn's birthday cake yesterday. Today's his birthday and we'll have family here in about an hour for cake and ice cream. The ice cream sounds better every degree, er, I mean every minute.:rolleyes:
+ 1. Thank goodness for toaster ovens; we rebaked 12 ounces of frozen Pain de Campagne for a late breakfast and will likely skip supper.

Last edited:
Made a large batch of cake brownies using milk instead of water,added cinnamon,chili powder and espresso instant coffee..this will be made into a brownie sunday tomorrow with vanilla and chocolate ice cream, fresh strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate fudge topping.
now it off to start a cheese cake, chocolate with mashed strawberry's on top. Next a batch of pull apart butter buns
kades

Happy Birthday Glenn.
hugs,
cj

Here are the cupcakes from yesterday, they were a hit!

First is coconut cream. Homemade vanilla cake filled with my coconut cream pie filling, and topped with a swiss meringue buttercream and toasted coconut.
coconut%20cream-001.JPG

The second is chocolate truffle. Homemade chocolate cake brushed with Kahlua syrup, filled with dark chocolate ganache and topped with chocolate swiss meringue buttercream and shaved dark chocolate.
chocolate%20truffle-001.JPG

First is coconut cream. Homemade vanilla cake filled with my coconut cream pie filling, and topped with a swiss meringue buttercream and toasted coconut.

The second is chocolate truffle. Homemade chocolate cake brushed with Kahlua syrup, filled with dark chocolate ganache and topped with chocolate swiss meringue buttercream and shaved dark chocolate.

Those look like heaven...Yum!

coconut%20cream-001.JPG

chocolate%20truffle-001.JPG

WOW :ohmy: they look amazing bakechef :)

bakechef said:

Oh my. Bakechef, we have to put you on Cupcake Wars! Fantastic!

Sunday:

Very early this morning I made Laurie´s Upside down Pineapple Cake for the Eurocup Match this evening ... Spain & Italy ...

The Vet has been eyeing it since mid-day ...

Happy July 4th,
Ciao.
Margi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom