What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even imagine baking in this weather.
Nor can I! This week's weather sounds absolutely horrible...the older I get, the harder it is for me to get motivated when it is so hot. I just want to spend the day in the water...hmmm....maybe I'll fill that huge bathtub I have and spend the afternoon in it...wish I had a pool (or could go to the lake right about now).

Wow, Bakechef. Those are not my mother's cupcakes. In fact, today's cupcakes are a whole 'nother animal from yesteryears', at least at our house. They're beautiful!

bakechef said:
gooey peach cobbler, wondering why I only make this once a year during peach season, so so good! Got local peaches at the farmer's market. I asked for any that they thought were very ripe and wanted to get rid of, since I was using them today. They gave me 3 bonus peaches! They'll get my business again!

This is a southern style cobbler where you melt butter in a pan, pour a batter over the butter, then your cooked peaches over the top. The batter bubbles up and makes a top crust. To me it is like a big peach dumpling.

Would you mind sharing your recipe? Your peach cobbler looks GREAT!!!!!!

If I can get to the store to get the "special" chocolate chips that DH can eat, and get some bananas out to thaw, I will make him some quinoa cookies.

The chips are special because they are organic, gluten and dairy free AND almost $6 a package!:wacko:

I'm baking my favorite Blueberry Muffin recipe, adapted from Jordan Marsh.

I'm baking my favorite Blueberry Muffin recipe, adapted from Jordan Marsh.

I used to stop and buy a dozen of their muffins every time I went in town. When Macy's took over JM, a bakery in Brocton bought the recipe and happily gave it to anyone who asked. :yum:

Didn't get any gluten free cookies done today but some baking related items - buttercream, gum paste and fondant for my cake decorating classes tomorrow. The girls bring their own cupcakes and I let them go at it with the tools and decorations in my kit - always a fun day. Then I have my normal class after with my teen students. They want to go right through the summer!

I made a jello poke cake today for tomorrow. I will decorate it with strawberries and blueberries like a USA flag. I just love that cake when it is hot!

Made this before I went to bed last night, fresh peaches from the Farmer's market. Topped the crust with some turbinado sugar.

peach%20pie.jpg

bakechef said:
Made this before I went to bed last night, fresh peaches from the Farmer's market. Topped the crust with some turbinado sugar.

Mmmmmmm. Lovely, Bakechef!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom