What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a low-fat banana cake early this morning. Yum! Great way to use up those over-ripe bananas

Ask and ye shall receive...

img_623044_0_1a9d89ec7501313de144c602b89696fa.jpg

Personally, I like it better filled with bread. LOL

img_623044_1_904f2d787eb8b255c7db71ce2bc94187.jpg

I bought it through Breadtiopia.com at La Cloche Clay Baker - Oblong
Checked around and nobody had it cheaper (including shipping).

Joe
I can't believe I've seen these a few times [without the box] at various jaunts I've been on. Never knew what it was so of course I didn't buy. Now I wish I had.

my husband has managed to make the shortbread cookies disappear. Today, I'll make him another batch. When he got home last night, he ate the last one and said, "honey, I think this is the best batch you've ever made." I coiled up and spouted, "no it isn't/wasn't...these are hard and have a bite to them, I mean a literal bite". he said, "yea, that's how I like them." << who knew? I like 'em tender and fall apart before you can even bite into them myself.:neutral:

last night I made breadsticks along with dinner. they're real easy though, simply make the yeast dough, let the rising happen, roll and twist, roll in parm cheese and garlic powder, dobble with melted butter and bake. pretty dern good...

I think I am better off posting AFTER I make the stuff because I never seem to get it done right away when I say it before.

With DH's help I got two batches of cake mix cookies done - a simple deep chocolate mix to which I added chocolate chips - decadently good! The second was a spice mix to which I added chopped apple and raisins. They are sooo delicious; however very soft and crumbly so I think I might add some oatmeal next time to bind them a little better.

I also baked a batch of my chunky banana muffins because they are very healthy and good for our diabetic border and for when I have to take pills with food between meals.

Tomorrow is my meeting with our Youth coordinators at the church regarding our annual youth service conference and I am taking a variety of the cookies to share. I am hoping that they will agree it would be good to take some of the youth to the store, where I would help them buy the cake mixes and cheap add-ins then go back to the church kitchen where we could make batches to sell as gourmet cookies at their nightly cafe during the conference week. If it is a service based week, I think they should also learn that service means helping make the week a success.

I baked two loaves of basic whole wheat bread and a batch of dark chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and toasted pecans. Need to start filling up the cookie jar for my son/DIL/grandkids' visit later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom