What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rolling rock beer, and pork rinds. since my friend is so sick and might die. i am decided to live life doing what i like when i like. nothing illegal . just going to stop eating things just because they are good for me. if i don't enjoy it , it isn't going to happen.

i am 71 in july, how many years are left. don't know but i am going to go for the gusto.

I found a skydiving T-shirt that says "Attack life ... it's going to kill you anyway!" Life is something to be enjoyed ... not endured. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.

I brought a small salad to work with bottled water. They had a "going away" potluck for a girl that just got married and is moving down to California. I had about four meatballs and a small spoonful of rigatoni.

Lunch today was a few slices of turkey, a mound of cottage cheese, a Granny Smith Apple, a few raw almonds, and a glass of black cherry soda.

Of all of it, I relished the black cherry soda the most. It was wonderful!

This is just so cool! Thanks for posting the idea.

img_826963_0_bf299afa1eb12e5727ea43f05da740cc.jpg

This is just so cool! Thanks for posting the idea.

img_827390_0_bf299afa1eb12e5727ea43f05da740cc.jpg

I forgot to post and couldn't find the original so thanks Lifesaver for bringing it forward. We have our youth service conference coming up and I am always trying to come up with new things for them (we serve them five lunches and five dinners. I tried this out - I cut the raw spaghetti in half, thread five pieces through three slices of hot dog. I boiled it up, and drained. I made a bechemel, um uh, ah, I mean white sauce (LOL) and added cheddar (white and orange), mozza and parmesan cheese. I carefully mixed it in a casserole, covered with more cheese and buttered bread crumbs, and baked. It turned out great and I plan to use it for one of the lunches!

I can't remember who the OP was on this but thanks!

I have a day "off" before work on the next event starts so I made some potato salad, and put together some hot corned beef sandwiches (mine with sauerkraut) and a fruit salad (with leftovers from the weekend).

1/2 a taylor ham (pork roll), lettuce and tomato on rye with mayo. i had the other half for breakfast.

LP I think I might have been the OP but, I'm curious about something. When you did your casserole out of the dog and spag. did it look like the picture or was it all mixed together so that you got a different effect?

LP I think I might have been the OP but, I'm curious about something. When you did your casserole out of the dog and spag. did it look like the picture or was it all mixed together so that you got a different effect?

I more or less layered the sauce and the noodles carefully so that you would still get the effect. I am also toying with the idea of just forgetting the baking and putting a cheese sauce over top of the boiled noodle dogs like you would spaghetti sauce on each plate so you really get that effect. My neighbour's granddaughters were my "guinea pigs" and they loved it. But I think the spaghetti with sauce effect will be more "out there".

Once my weddings are done mid July I will run another test batch and let you know. If you try it, please let me know your results.

We had these huge sammies today, mine was on a sour dough roll with pastraaami, cheese,avocado, tomato,onion,lettuce,pepperoncini,pickles i came home with 3.4 of mine...DH had dutch crunch with the works and assorted meats,ham,salami,bologna,copa and cheese he came home empty handed:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom