What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your welcome Jeff :)

That image you have there, they are known as scones both here and in the UK...do you call them scones too?

I suppose "Oat Crisp" cereal is far better than "Oat Soggy". ;)

Post Cereals has a line of "Honey Bunches of Oats..." cereals. Your morning bowl was probably something similar to the "...with Almonds".
imagegen.ashx

Your welcome Jeff :)

That image you have there, they are known as scones both here and in the UK...do you call them scones too?

Biscuits aren't quite scones. They are less sweet and a little fluffier. Scones are a little richer. When I started making scones I thought the recipes I was using made them too dry. I've increased the liquid just a little bit (like 1T more than the 1/2C called for) and they are perfect for us. Mine turn out great, but I give a lot of the credit to Nordic Ware's scone pan:
images

Ahhh scones....

The best blueberry scones I've had were at The Flying Star Cafe in Albuquerque.

I make to-diet-for orange-chocolate chips scones. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness.:yum:

Found this little hole in the wall cafe when the progeny and I were taking the boy off to college at ASU in 1999. Stopped in Tucumcari at Lena's Cafe on the advise of the "host" at the NM visitors' center. Didn't look like the kind of place you'd go into unless you were told the food was good. Oh, was it good!
4521037181_22bc9da3a3_m.jpg

Himself and I went to the relocated version over on Rte 66 in the mid-2000s and it was still good but didn't have the same dive-y ambiance. :ermm:

Thanks chopper! Worse than that, I get cramping in muscles around the joint and have no choice but to get out of bed and walk it off. :glare: Hate getting "old" but it's nowhere near as bad as the alternative. ;)

When you get out of bed stand on a cold floor in your bare feet. The cramp will dissipate faster. One of those Old Wives's Tales that really work.

I find that as long as my potassium level is good, the cramps stop. That's why I go on a banana frenzy every so often. It ups my potassium level to normal. :angel:

Rick Bayless is right, tamales do taste better the next day, even for breakfast.:yum:

When you get out of bed stand on a cold floor in your bare feet. The cramp will dissipate faster. One of those Old Wives's Tales that really work.....

The bedrooms are upstairs and the floors are all carpeted. The closest bare floor is down the steps (carpeted), through the living room and into the kitchen. If I could even WALK that far with the cramp it would be gone by the time I got to the bare floor! :LOL:

The bedrooms are upstairs and the floors are all carpeted. The closest bare floor is down the steps (carpeted), through the living room and into the kitchen. If I could even WALK that far with the cramp it would be gone by the time I got to the bare floor! :LOL:

What about the bathroom? Is that close by? :angel:

I make to-diet-for orange-chocolate chips scones. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness.:yum:

Found this little hole in the wall cafe when the progeny and I were taking the boy off to college at ASU in 1999. Stopped in Tucumcari at Lena's Cafe on the advise of the "host" at the NM visitors' center. Didn't look like the kind of place you'd go into unless you were told the food was good. Oh, was it good!
4521037181_22bc9da3a3_m.jpg

Himself and I went to the relocated version over on Rte 66 in the mid-2000s and it was still good but didn't have the same dive-y ambiance. :ermm:

I love dives. They concentrate on good food and to heck with the appearance. And that is what gives it that ambiance. We have a diner across from South Station in Boston. If your immune system is lousy, don't go there. But if you want homemade food, then that is the place. They even have big lumps in their mashed potatoes. Meatloaf, plenty of gravy and lumply mashed potatoes. My favorite meal there. Even the decor is right out of the 50's. At lunch time they had a line waiting. Right across the street was the food court at South Station train lobby. But if you are willing you can share your booth with a total stranger. I did that many a lunchtime. The waitresses were young girls that looked like they just came off from the commune. Hightop sneakers with striped leggings. Ponytails sticking out from all over their heads. :angel:

What about the bathroom? Is that close by? :angel:

I have so many throw rugs on the floor in there almost none of the floor is exposed. I suppose I could pick between going downstairs to walk the kitchen floor or bend down to move a rug or two around. Either sounds like a lot of work. The cramps ease up quick enough just stretching the foot on the floor right out of the bed so I guess I'll just run in place.;)

I have so many throw rugs on the floor in there almost none of the floor is exposed. I suppose I could pick between going downstairs to walk the kitchen floor or bend down to move a rug or two around. Either sounds like a lot of work. The cramps ease up quick enough just stretching the foot on the floor right out of the bed so I guess I'll just run in place.;)

I have two small ones in my bathroom. One beside the tub to step on when I get out of the shower and one in front of the vanity. I need that bare floor for those dang cramps. I two have carpeting in my big room. But the bathroom is close enough so three steps get me there in a hurry when needed. :angel:

Kylie, I was watching St Vincent's ER in Sydney tonight and am learning a whole new language. Such as 'rushing patient to theater.' Here it would be we sent the patient up to the OR. (operating room) I have also been watching a special on the beginnings of earth. It all started in Australia. I am absolutely fascinated with the series. We only have fossils in this country. But in this special, they are finding actual bones, not fossils, that have been buried for more than several billion years. I also found out that the Australian Opal are petrified dinosaur bones. They showed pieces of opal in the shape of the spine bones and ribs. The narrator of the series is also giving me lessons in the Aussie language. :angel:

Ads....you know more about Australia than I do :ROFLMAO:

Yes we always call it the operating theatre here, but I new of ER from one of my fave shows Greys Anatomy :)

That is very interesting indeed about the Opal, I had no idea they were petrified dinosaur bones :ohmy:

Thank you for filling me in on this info!

Gotta love the Aussie language ;)

Back
Top Bottom