What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steamed kale (from the garden--it is better after the killing frost and usually keeps producing until early December), topped with 2 FRESH eggs (compliments of Harriet and Myrtle this morning), poached, pan-fried potatoes (from the garden), and a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (used 1-1/2 ruby pink grapefruits from the store). I worked from midnight until 5:30 a.m., slept until 10, made breakfast. This kept me going until 3:00 p.m.

Last edited:
A toaster strudel with coffee & creamer as well as a little debbie star crunch. Not my healthiest breakfast choice.

Orange Juice, coffee with 1/2 and 1/2, bowl of Cinnamon Almond Raisin Bran with 2% milk and all the meds to counter what I just had in the way of nutrition.

This morning's breakfast was one of my favorites. A couple of slices of last night's meatloaf (fried) with a couple of eggs over easy.

The kids had oatmeal with an apple diced into it and brown sugar and spices with a bit of heavy cream. I had a butterfinger mini size candy bar as I started cleaning after being sick all week.

A bowl of chili topped with a FRESH egg (over-easy, yolk runny). If it's good enough for Jaime Oliver, it is good enough for me. The summer I spent in Stockholm, we used to eat Swedish baked brown beans topped with a lightly-fried egg...another one of my favorite breakfasts.

Seeing you asked, I just happened to catch Brunch with Bobby with Bopbby Flay and his wife, Stephanie March from Law & Odor, on The Cooking Channel Saturday and they inspired me. I decided to make his Brioche French Toast with Orange Marmalade Syrup, along with some bacon and breakfast sausages, and La Fraise, only with Asti Spumante instead of rosé champagne, because I have Asti and I don't have any bubbly rosé, for Sunday Brunch yesterday. I am also going to add the Steak au Poivre and Ratatouille Hash, and the Croque Madame with cheese sauce to my Sunday brunch line-up.

Anyone who thinks this man can't cook, or is confined to Southwest cuisine, is nuts! What I liked about these recipes is that you can adjust them to serve anywhere from just the two of you to 50 of your closest friends.

Last edited:
How do you make Ratatouille Hash?

My kids always have a weekend breakfast of FRESH eggs and Watties baked beans. The beans are tomato sauce based rather than the Boston baked bean feel. Every weekend beans and eggs.

I had baked sweet potato with pesto. Less garlic this time. Double spice Chai tea.

I'm too groggy in the morning to make a greasy spoon breakfast of hash browns, eggs, bacon, toast and coffee.

So I have breakfast for dinner of that sometimes.

Have made this one time and it came out yummy. Stuffed French Toast, Goodweed style.
Egg batter - 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup milk, dash of nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. cinammon, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 tbs sugar. Whisk until well combined.

Coating: 1/2 cup AP flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinammon, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 stick butter, melted. Combine and adjust seasoning to taste.

Bread - Hearty, whole wheat bread - four slices

Filling: Fruit Pie filling of choice (I used blueberry pie filling with extra fresh-picked blueberries added).

Heat oven to 350. Dip a slice of bread into the batter until well coated and let it soak for about 20 seconds. Place battered bread onto the crumb mixture, one side only, and set in parchment lined baking pan, crumb side down. Spoon generous amount of pie filling on top of the battered and coated bread slice. Dip second slice into batter and press down on crumb coating. Place on top of the fruit filling, crumb side up. Press edges gently together, taking care not to squeese out filling. Repeat with the other two slices of bread. Place in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Serve with Cantilly Cream (the real stuff). Enjoy. We did.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

That sounds alot better than what I had. Just a couple of homemade doughnuts leftover from the bake sale at church yesterday with a cup of coffee w/cream.

Oh my gosh I have been so busy lately. I had a left over waffle from Sunday. I stuck it in the toaster and ran out the door with it in a paper towel. Would have been better with syrup, but it wasn't too bad!

This morning, at my house ;^), I finished off the tacos from last night.

Back
Top Bottom