What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't often eat breakfast, tsk tsk I know that's bad. But I enjoy eggs Benedict with home made sauce when I do, or just open up a fruit platter and snack on that

breakfast.jpg

And a slice of melon :)

Sunday Brunch - tropical fruit salad, classic Italian fritatta with diced potatoes, Italian sausage, fire roasted red peppers, pepperoncini, shredded mozzarella and provolone cheeses, grated Pecorino Romano, grandma's sauce, toasted garlic bread, and Mimosas made with Riondo Prosecco Spago Nero

What's that red stuff on the potatoes and sausages? Now the green stuff on the eggs I understand...:rolleyes: <duck and run>

I fell off my bike and got a nosebleed that wouldn't quit.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gotta have a little ketchup with the sausages and taters in the mornin' :)

I fell off my bike and got a nosebleed that wouldn't quit.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gotta have a little ketchup with the sausages and taters in the mornin' :)

Getting in your veggies, I see...

A faceplant off the bike...I just landed on my elbow and butt...the butt was nicely padded...:angel:

Breakfast – Fried potatoes and onions, scrambled eggs and sliced vine tomato.

img_1013762_0_2c7c0958a2902b059fef8e5af7e88572.jpg

italian bread toasted with a spread of my first-ever homemade tapenade (made With the anchovies), hard boiled egg halves, and keurig coffee, hazelnut flavored, black, steaming hot ahhh yes...it just might be my lunch today too....

Funny how things seem to evolve in my kitchen. I had some bananas that need to be used so I thought about making some banana bread but in the end, I made a tropical french toast bake with bananas, pineapple, coconut and raisins and topped it with a maple cream cheese glaze. :chef:

Attachments

• tropical-french-toast-bake.jpg
    tropical-french-toast-bake.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 191
Today is something new and something I didn't think I would try in a million years - chocolate cheerios! Yes, the "healthiest cereal in the world" has gone chocolate, as only cheerios can....a light and tasty dusting of pure cocoa on the outside. I am having it with milk and an orange on the side.

Zhizara,

Individual Sized Quiche (using a 6" ceramic ramekin):

Crust:
2 cups flour
2 Tbls cold butter
Approx. 3 Tbls. cold water

Filling:
2 eggs, beaten
splash of cream or half-&-half
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Green Onion, diced (optional)

Cheeses:
1 Slice Swiss
Shredded Mozarella
Shredded Cheddar
Plus whichever others you would like to add.

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

To make things simple, I mix the flour, butter and water in the baking ramekin and, without rolling it out, I press the dough mixture against the side and bottom using my fingers.

In a separate bowl, I whisk the eggs, add the splash of milk, onions and salt and pepper.

Pour the egg mixture into the ramekin.

Add the cheeses (Swiss first, followed by mozzarella and any others by sinking them into the mixture), but topped with the Shredded Cheddar.

Bake at 400 for 30 minutes, until cheddar is toasted brown. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.

:chef:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom