What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a grill american and swiss cheese and tea with lemon and honey.

I brought Glenn home from the hospital Friday morning after having had knee replacement surgery on Wednesday. He's recovering nicely but could use some cheering up, so I made him an extra-special breakfast today.

It's also Grandparents Day here in the U.S. and I used that as an additional excuse to pamper him.

We had Baked Eggs and Mushrooms in Ham Crisps, hot biscuits and honey, fresh pineapple, grape juice, and coffee.

I cut the egg dish down to serve two and, instead of muffin cups, I served the dish in oval whiteware ramekins. The meal presented beautifully and there was not a morsel to be found on Glenn's plate.

Katie H said:
I brought Glenn home from the hospital Friday morning after having had knee replacement surgery on Wednesday. He's recovering nicely but could use some cheering up, so I made him an extra-special breakfast today.

It's also Grandparents Day here in the U.S. and I used that as an additional excuse to pamper him.

We had Baked Eggs and Mushrooms in Ham Crisps, hot biscuits and honey, fresh pineapple, grape juice, and coffee.

I cut the egg dish down to serve two and, instead of muffin cups, I served the dish in oval whiteware ramekins. The meal presented beautifully and there was not a morsel to be found on Glenn's plate.

Glad Glenn is on the mend! The baked eggs sound wonderful, Katie, C&P!

Last edited:
Your breakfast sounds fantastic Katie!! Wishes for a speedy recovery to Glen.

I made bacon, over easy eggs, homemade home fries, homemade baking powder biscuits, ruby red grapefruit juice and coconut coffee.

Absolutely, Addie. I still may only have the use of one hand, but I can deftly handle nearly any task. Regardless...he's worth it!!

One of the benefits of growing old together is that you can compare all your aches and pains. It is not a matter of 'misery loves company', but sharing. :angel:

Glad to hear Glenn's home. A friend had her knee replacement done about 10 days ago. I've been cheering her on re: her PT and mastering her walker (it is also good for killing scorpions, according to her) via Facebook. Quite the surgery. And her hubby and one of her SAR dogs are both pampering her. I'm still waiting for a pic of the dog with a nurse's cap on...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom