What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Xocolatl, do you put potato in that soup? I have made it following a Danish recipe. It also had potato. It was quite good. I should make some when the sunroots (Jerusalem artichokes) are in season again.

I tried a new recipe today...it is a little different than our usual egg salad and very good too. Link
@GinnyPNW did a Copy Me That as well! That looks good. I never thought to add Green Onions nor Lettuce. I love Egg Salad on cheap supermarket White Bread - no crust please :D

This was more of a late lunch (by the time I got around to it!), but I'll have some more tater, for sure! I started it last night - a bean salad, which I soaked 1 1/2 c dark red kidney beans around 6 hrs, using a little baking soda, then drained, and rinsed them, and put them in the IP. I put about 2/3c of rinsed freekeh in the pot, along with 5 c water, 2 black cardamom, and 1½ tsp of salt. I put the lid on, then set it to cook on Bean mode, for 18 min, and let the pressure release naturally. I drained I, let it cool, then put it in the fridge overnight, with about 2 qts of halved cherry tomatoes I had salted, and drained, while getting the beans ready.

Today, I got all those scrap beans I had left from the pickling, and trimmed and cut them to about 3/4", along with some extras, to make about 3 c, then I steamed them, and rinsed and drained. Then I cut up about a cup of garlic chives, about 3/4 c cilantro, and minced some peppers -, an Aji Dulce, a Red Savina, and 2 Datil, and diced up some pepper jack cheese (usually use feta, but out of that, which rarely happens!), and added about 2/3 c slivered almonds. Then added 4 oz EVOO, and 3 oz red wine vinegar, and about 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, and folded all this together, and tasted for seasoning. Could have put another red savina in it, but someone else is having some tomorrow, to I left it as is. I had to mix this in the 8 qt bowl, then put it back in the 4 qt bowl, filling to the top!
Almost 2 qts of halved tomatoes, for the bean salad. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Bean salad, with several fresh beans and kidney beans. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished bean salad. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Two typical Mediterranean Summer dishes.

1. Sautéed aubergines and zucchini

2. Pasta 'orecchiette' with a quick tomato sauce made from home-grown cherry tomatoes

Attachments

• IMG_20230902_123200.jpg
    IMG_20230902_123200.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230902_133319.jpg
    IMG_20230902_133319.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm big on veggies for lunch (actually we only eat meat at two or three meals a week, so I'm big on veggies for most meals). On days when I don't have leftovers, there are three vegetarian restaurants close to where I work, so I usually have lunch at one of them.

shrimps pasta

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom