What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, sb. When I was recovering from abdominal surgery, I had smoothies with vanilla yogurt and protein powder for breakfast. You can put fruit in it, too. That and toast or an English muffin makes a balanced breakfast that's easy on the tummy. Take care.
Thanks for the tip, I'm still trying to make myself like protein powder though, have tried several times. ZFor some reason I cannot get the taste & smell of ground bones out of my mind everytime I open the package. We sell proein shakes in our cafe blended w fresh/frozen fruit & Ihave tried several variations. Although, maybe I should try again.

Ham & swiss w honey mustard & 1/2 bag fritos for lunch today. I had to eat in the car on the way to pick up the daughter. It was her las day of school (8th grade) today. Big graduation party from junior high tomorrow. Graduations can be so over rated, they are even having graduation parties from pre-school....crazy!

Thanks for the tip, I'm still trying to make myself like protein powder though, have tried several times. ZFor some reason I cannot get the taste & smell of ground bones out of my mind everytime I open the package. We sell proein shakes in our cafe blended w fresh/frozen fruit & Ihave tried several variations. Although, maybe I should try again.

Ham & swiss w honey mustard & 1/2 bag fritos for lunch today. I had to eat in the car on the way to pick up the daughter. It was her las day of school (8th grade) today. Big graduation party from junior high tomorrow. Graduations can be so over rated, they are even having graduation parties from pre-school....crazy!

SB, don't worry about the protein. Eat what you can keep down and what you can tolerate, and not too much, small, frequent portions. If it's french fries and ham, so be it. When you heal up, then you can go back on the diet. Right now, it's just getting enough food for sustainance post surgery.

Celery sticks, a few carrot sticks, 1 broccoli floret, 1/2 small bag of harvest cheddar sunchips & a 2 oz soufle cup of homemade ranch dressing with a 20 oz water.

We had some toast for lunch today, the toppings were Vegemite on one, Honey on another and fig jam on the last slice :yum:

I am going to make some tuna mornay now...that will be my lunch for today instead...and for the next several days...as Steve doesnt like tuna, all the more for me :yum:

Today for lunch I took 2 slices of bread, cut off the crust, lightly buttered it , topped with lite yellow mustard & ketchup & a slice of cold, leftover roast beef. Along with about a dozen fat free sour cream & onion pringles.

Back
Top Bottom