What’s on the menu Thursday 7/5/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tentative plans are cheeseburgers, potato salad, corn on the cob and tomato salad.

But one never knows.

We're going to a beekeeping meeting tonight. We haven't been in a while, but the topic is crafting things with beeswax, so I want to go. We'll go out to dinner near the meeting place first.

Thanks CG. Good thing we checked our favorite Chinese places as none of them are open at 3:00. We'll be having Fish and Chips to die for at our favorite seaside restaurant and it will be nice to look at the ocean on this hot day.

Good luck with the eye procedure, Kay. Please come back and let us know how it went, once your vision clears up. Your early dinner sounds wonderful. :yum:

I think I'm just going to have a fruit and veggie tray for an afternoon dinner. Maybe a deviled egg or two. LOTS of iced tea with lemon wedges.

Did a Costco run today so rotisserie chicken is on the menu tonight. I may make a quesadilla (or two as I only have taco sized tortillas).

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken thighs, asparagus and pilaf..

Ross

Attachments

• 20180705_160715.jpg
    20180705_160715.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 141
Good Luck KL.

Andy,I love Costco runs just to bring home a rotisserie chix.

I am having leftover cold thin sliced steak salad. Arrugula from Dx'x garden, supplemented with other greens and veggie toppings. Blue cheese crumbles. Ice tea.

Not sure what I'll have - it is almost 8pm - I've stood in front of the fridge twice but nothing is calling my name. I'm pooped out and don't feel like doing anything! not cooking not nuttin'.

Ate a handful of black olives and am having a 2nd glass filled with ice cubes, 1/3 white wine, 1//3 water, 1/3 orange juice. That's probably it although I might find a hard boiled egg in there somewhere.

and hope all is well for you Kayelle!

Cheeseburgers tonight, with sliced onion and bottled thousand island dressing (Mark can top his with whatever’s in the fridge) accompanied by store-bought frozen french fries. And no grilling. It’s 110° outside, windy, and I don’t have a gas grill, just a charcoal one; no point in fussing with it for two frigging burgers!

Sorry, this weather, in it’s third day, is making me very very cranky!

Thanks for the nice wishes from all of you. I'm a VERY happy camper tonight, as I'm seeing perfectly now! Driving had become a real problem. I feel like breaking into song.."On a Clear Day"! This is what I had done for those interested.
https://www.williamsoneyeinstitute.com/yag-laser-capsulotomy-sight-sore-eyes/

Anyway it was beautiful at the beach and we had a great early dinner.

Attachments

• P7050058[1].jpg
    P7050058[1].jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 129
  • P7050060[1].jpg
    P7050060[1].jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
So glad your eyes are happy and fixed, Kay! And they sing like Sinatra!

I picked up some very fresh corn at a little farmstand. Had a couple ears along with some cherries.

So glad you're eye is fixed now Kay, and so quickly, too! Very interesting article on the procedure.

Food and view looks fabulous!

Thanks for the nice wishes from all of you. I'm a VERY happy camper tonight, as I'm seeing perfectly now!...This is what I had done for those interested.
https://www.williamsoneyeinstitute.com/yag-laser-capsulotomy-sight-sore-eyes/...
I first read the link name as "Williams-Sonoma Eye Institute". :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL: Did they use a Zwilling or a Wusthof to fix them? Just kidding, I skimmed the website. I'm just happy for your restored good vision. :heart:

Tonight's salads were so good, I think they'll show up a couple more times this summer. I also baked a pan of jumbo muffins in my nice, big toaster oven. Baked up fresh and didn't heat the kitchen - and they were yummy.

Attachments

• 20180705_215405.jpg
    20180705_215405.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 104
Last night was spinach and garlic pasta with a sweet onion, garlic, Madeira sauce.

Attachments

• 2018-07-05 18.18.05.jpg
    2018-07-05 18.18.05.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom