What's Cookin' Sunday, July 28, 2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I know I know! It's gonna be "Lobster Not-a-Roll"! :w00t2: Grabbed two of those bad boys for $3.99 a pound. Had the store cook em'. I'll spend this evening picking the meat out of the shell. Tomorrow I'll cut it up and mix with a bit of mayo and celery, then take four slices of sourdough bread sliced nice (not too thick, not too thin) that have been buttered on one side, load them up with the lobster mix, and grill two luscious sandwiches . :yum: So much more than just a "hot dog" bun.

Is it tomorrow yet?:LOL: Can't wait.

Last edited:
We will be having split pea and ham soup with green salad and mixed fruit...if I'm at home.

I've got to make lobster rolls sometime.
I was thinking along the lines of seafood, also.

I have GOT to do something with the mediocre fresh corn we got, hoping to make chicken corn soup.

Tonight we are having roast pork belly with roast parsnips, baby carrots and potatoes all covered in gravy and apple sauce :chef:

I know I know! It's gonna be "Lobster Not-a-Roll"! :w00t2: Grabbed two of those bad boys for $3.99 a pound. Had the store cook em'. I'll spend this evening picking the meat out of the shell. Tomorrow I'll cut it up and mix with a bit of mayo and celery, then take four slices of sourdough bread sliced nice (not too thick, not too thin) that have been buttered on one side, load them up with the lobster mix, and grill two luscious sandwiches . :yum: So much more than just a "hot dog" bun.

Is it tomorrow yet?:LOL: Can't wait.

:yum: My clock says "Yes!" Go for it! :angel:

We went for Chinese food tonight. Only my second outing since my latest asthma attack landed me in the er Tuesday.

TB grilled chicken drumettes for lunch with some salad. He sure is happy with his new grill.

:yum: My clock says "Yes!" Go for it! :angel:

Took me nearly an hour to make sure I had them picked clean! FWIW, I spent just over $12 for the two lobsters @ $3.99 a pound. Weighed the meat when I was done and had 1/2 pound. That's all? I know it's $35 in the store to buy a pound of tail and claw meat but at that rate I would't make minimum wage cleaning lobsters. :(

Took me nearly an hour to make sure I had them picked clean! FWIW, I spent just over $12 for the two lobsters @ $3.99 a pound. Weighed the meat when I was done and had 1/2 pound. That's all? I know it's $35 in the store to buy a pound of tail and claw meat but at that rate I would't make minimum wage cleaning lobsters. :(

The next time someone gives me lobsters, I will send them to you. Every time there is a reason to celebrate, my daughter buys lobsters. She always includes me. I finally had to tell her the truth. Save your money. I am so sick of lobsters. So now she gets me a small fried clam instead of a lobster. :angel:

We went for Chinese food tonight. Only my second outing since my latest asthma attack landed me in the er Tuesday.

TB grilled chicken drumettes for lunch with some salad. He sure is happy with his new grill.

Yum, love Chinese :yum:

Hope your asthma attacks are keeping at bay!

Grilled chicken breasts and a tomato/mozzarella/basil salad. Will probably open a bottle of wine as well.

something over pasta

first I'm going to make Kadesma's garlic sauce, then before I have a chance to clean the food processor, I'm making a spinach/parsley pesto in the f/p.

I took some ground beef out of the freezer this morning so it will be something with that. Not sure yet what it will be turned into but I at least have the meat figured out!

I think tonight I'll grill the rest of the chicken thighs I have instead of freezing them, but I just finished this meatball and cheese omelette with bacon and may never wake up from the nap I feel like taking now :-p

Attachments

• Italian omelette3.jpg
    Italian omelette3.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 154
Back
Top Bottom