What's cooking TGIFday May 7, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tacos for the family and taco salad for me.

whats on your menu?

We've had nice weather so we grill a lot. Tonight we are grilling a pork tenderloin. Along with the pork we will have some home made pasta with a mushroom sauce,grilled artichokes green salad, fruit and cheese and sweet bisquits for dessert.
kadesma:)

msmofet, and carb will raise your blood glucose. What you need to do is start with say 1/4 cup wait 2 hours test your bg's if it's under 140 your doing great and then try 1/2 c. and see what your reading is.This lets you gauge how much you can eat.People think sugar, honey, is the only carb that gets us. Not so Corn,potatoes, rice, are the culprets as well.All foods are healthy if eaten in moderation.These foods have carbs not so much sugar but we all know that,Just test, it will teach you to know your body better than anyone even a doctor!!
kades
kades please check out the "hello and good day" thread. posted my 6 week results. please let me know what you think.

Homemade chili - made from minced onion, garlic and spices, diced tomatoes and Anaheim chilies, and a combination of ground chuck and cubed chuck steak, simmered for about three hours until tender.

I finish the whole thing off with a single pat of butter as I turn off the heat.

Pot roast. MMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Me too! I am giving it another try. I put it on at 7:00 this morning before I went out and I used your recipe, Alix, so I am hoping that it will finally be a success! Funny, I can make a great beuf bourguignon but not pot roast! :rolleyes:

I had 2 tacos not overly stuffed. I love homemade tacos because I can have them my way with lots of Frank's hot sauce!!

Me too! I am giving it another try. I put it on at 7:00 this morning before I went out and I used your recipe, Alix, so I am hoping that it will finally be a success! Funny, I can make a great beuf bourguignon but not pot roast! :rolleyes:

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually made a fall to pieces tender tasty pot roast! :cool: Only hope the veggies and gravy turn out as good. Oh, only downer is that it is done a little early. But it will keep! :chef:

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually made a fall to pieces tender tasty pot roast! :cool: Only hope the veggies and gravy turn out as good. Oh, only downer is that it is done a little early. But it will keep! :chef:
congrats!!

actually if you let the pot roast cool. then reheat it will slice into nice slices. which will make nice sammies tomorrow.

Our Wegmans market has had Fiddleheads recently, & in fabulous shape. (So often when markets get them they look like they've been through the mill.) These have been really firm, green, & nice. So picked up 3-4 handfulls today along with some of the first LIVE CHESAPEAKE BAY SOFTSHELL CRABS of the season!!! What a thrill! Bought 4 of those babies - alive & kicking - & had a real springtime feast: Blanched & then sauteed the fiddleheads in butter with some Cavender's Greek Seasoning, & served them alongside those lovely crabs, which I killed/cleaned (they were alive & kicking); dredged in flour heavily seasoned with Monterey Grill seasoning, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, & freshly ground black pepper; & sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil for 4 minutes on each side. Removed crabs to a warm plate in the oven & added some dry white wine (Pinot Grigio) to the pan, along with fresh lemon juice, 4 cloves of roughly chopped garlic & a handful of chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley to the pan. Sauteed for a few minutes & then whisked in 4 tablespoons of butter until emulsified. Poured sauce over crabs & served with the fiddleheads & a nice tender spring greens salad. Ambrosia!!!!

Back
Top Bottom