"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Master Chef

What's cooking Wednesday 9-14-16?

Tonight's plan is boneless pork chops, homemade stuffing, homemade Barvarian beans.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:31 PM   #2
Head Chef

Potstickers using fillings from the freezer, the rest of the Chinese soup dumpling mixture and the shrimp/andouille filling we made for the dumpling challenge.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

Pan fried ham steak and salad
Old 09-14-2016, 01:55 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Meatloaf and potato gratin . The meatloaf is home made, same batter as the Swedish meatball recipe and the potato gratin is store bought, I haven't had that much success with making a lactose free potato gratin and this one has no weird stuff in it and is lactose free and not too expensive and it deliver. I'm happy.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:56 PM   #5
Master Chef

we had a friend over who was bacherlorizing it with his wife out of town........served beef fajitas, sides (guac, salsa, ensalada, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, etc., and homemade pinto beans in the crock pot........dessert was cowboy cookies (chocolate chip with oatmeal) yummo!
Old 09-14-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
Sous Chef

Crockpot Thai Peanut Chicken that Cooking Goddess posted a while back.

Crockpot Thai Peanut Chicken Recipe - Family Fresh Meals

Served over brown rice, topped with sliced radishes, snow peas, and scallions, green salad on the side.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:09 PM   #7
Master Chef

That recipe sure is a keeper, isn't it tenspeed?

CakePoet, I love the fact that you wrap your meatloaf with bacon. My Mom always put it under the loaf (to prevent sticking to the pan) and on top, just because she could.

We had leftover BBQ pork sandwiches with leftover potato salad and some pickles from Batch Two. (It needs a little more fridge aging...) I had some slices of watermelon. The can of baked beans was a fresh one, along with a quart of fresh-drawn local beer. Himself likes hoppy ale, while I prefer a more malty brew, but we can agree on the local brewery's "Haus Bier".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-09-14 21.14.21.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	25369  
Old 09-14-2016, 11:34 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What's cooking Wednesday 9-14-16?

I am the self-proclaimed Queen of Leftovers. We did have some fresh green beans in butter to eat with the other stuff. I have a terrible time just cooking for two.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:39 PM   #9
Master Chef

Dawg, Himself always looks for the "Leftovers" department in the grocery store if he shops with me. I keep telling him I don't buy leftovers!
Old 09-14-2016, 11:53 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Tonight's plan is boneless pork chops, homemade stuffing, homemade Barvarian beans.
Dinner was good.

I pounded the Chops then breaded and pan fried in small amount of canola oil.

I am very upset with Pepperidge Farms for taking the recipe grid off the bag of stuffing cubes. It used to have ingredient amounts for stuffed chops and fish listed on the back of the bag. That's gone and only has instructions for the whole bag. This resulted in my stuffing being wetter than we like. I estimated one pint of cubes to 1 cup chicken broth (4 servings). Next time I'll use 3/4 cup broth.
Though wet it was tasty just looked wet.

The Bavarian beans were good. Boiled 1/4 cup store bought spätzle till tender; drained. Cooked down an 1/8th of a pound of bacon lardons till crisp. Added some butter, parsley and chives to bacon fat and heated till butter melted. Added spätzle and beans sautéed till heated through and adjusted salt and pepper.

Tags
cook, cooking