What's for Dinner Friday March 16th 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
What's everyone cooking this Friday?

I've been craving Hot wings lately so we'll be doing some spicy hot wings along with some BBQ Hot Wings (DH says my home-made BBQ sauce taste like KFC's BBQ) Yummy, can't wait for dinner tonight :)

I'd like to do burgers on the grill. It's been on and off rainy today and I'd rather not grill in the rain...

I have flounder fillets. Can I JUST coat/dip them in seasoned cornmeal NOTHING else. No dipping or soaking in anything. Then deep fry them WITHOUT the cornmeal coating falling off?

I have flounder fillets. Can I JUST coat/dip them in seasoned cornmeal NOTHING else. No dipping or soaking in anything. Then deep fry them WITHOUT the cornmeal coating falling off?

You could try it. Your best chance of its sticking id to start with dry filets.

I'm thinking an omelet--I seem to have a lot of fresh eggs and am trying to cut back the red meat (although I am making corned beef tomorrow and ate venison last night).

Fried Flounder, steamed fresh baby spinach and/or mixed salad, potato and possibly corn bread.

I'm making "grilled" fried rice using some of yesterday's grilled onion slices and asparagus and a sliced pork chop. I should have grill roasted a carrot or two. O well. I will put in some shredded cabbage and keep it crunchy and maybe frozen peas. Mostly, I hope the grill flavor comes through.

I took a meatloaf out of the freezer and had planned on that with mashed taters and green beans. Got home from work and there were 2 Domino's pizzas in the kitchen. Appears the yungun couldn't watch March Madness without pizza. There's enough there for supper yet so will just heat that up. The meatloaf will wait for tomorrow.

Home late tonight. I may throw a frozen pizza in the oven, after loading it up with a bunch of my own extra ingredients. Do you have Dr. Oetker in the US or UK? These little guys go on sale for 2.88. Thin crust and nice veggie toppings. Of course, I have to wreck them by covering them with meat and extra cheese.
20090820-oetkerbox.jpg

Rock, the package doesn't look familiar. However, I don't spend a lot of time in the frozen pizza section.

Rock, the package doesn't look familiar. However, I don't spend a lot of time in the frozen pizza section.
Me neither. But I tried these once and thought they were pretty good. Not all dough and the sauce is very mild. Not the usual salty, over seasoned pizza most other companies make. Very different and lower in calories..

Dr. Oetker makes all kinds of stuff. They have some powder to make crème brulé that is quite good.
They have some good baked mixes also...Normally I don't eat frozen pizza, but I usually grab a couple when they go down to three bucks. They are also good to make a sandwich out of. I cook one up then layer whatever I have, salami, eggplant, etc then fold it in two and eat it with my hands. They have great varieties like spinach, mushroom, roasted veggie, fresh mozzerella. Square meal, square deal.(they are round actually)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom