"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #21
Master Chef

A couple of leftover pieces of KFC chicken, some WalMart red potato salid, a couple of beers ... and the Cleveland Indians baseball game.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:38 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Joong (Chinese tamale)

appletart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #23
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We had chicken leg quarters, covered with barbecue sauce and baked, baked potatoes, and mixed vegetables.

Barbara
Old 10-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #24
Head Chef

I picked up a Roasted Duck Salad from my fave Thai restarant - thinly sliced roasted duck, mixed greens, slivered carrots, cashew nuts, basil, halved cherry tomatoes in a citrus lime sauce. My lips are still burning, but the salad was very good.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker View Post
Vera, your whole meal sounds wonderful, but I'm really curious about your mushrooms. Could you share a recipe please?

Michele, I hope the kids feel better and that you stay healthy!

Here, I had the exact opposite of Vera's--a good, greasy, cheese pizza. No salad or anything tonight, just lots of pizza!
Good morning PA Baker
I used dried cranberries, which I plumped in a bit of sauternes, on the stovetop. I roasted the hazelnuts, removed the skins, and chopped them finely with the cranberries. To that mixture, I added one anchovy (for the salt flavour and the oil content, and to compliment the nutty flavour of the hazelnuts) also finely chopped. I added a small amount of goat cheese to give the filling a creamier base, and a small amount of unseasoned bread crumbs. Sorry I don't have exact measurements...I was creating as I went along. I used baby bella mushrooms for their earthy flavour, knowing the filling was quite hardy in assorted flavours and textures. Then I popped them in the oven for about 15 minutes.