"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Executive Chef

What's for Dinner Saturday June 20?

lotsa possibilities here.....never did fire up the grill yesterday, it was just too hot and humid for me to be outside, so may do that today.... grillingfool, I steamed the cauliflower last night, but thanks for the tip, I never would have thought to grill cauliflower...will keep that in mind for the upcoming broccoli

I will be finishing up a fresh chevre today and will experiment some with that, want to do some in the food processor with some of that fresh HOT garlic, man, I thought the garlic cloud would never pass out of my house when I sauteed it the other day..and I see that I have some pasta dough balls in the freezer that I don't remember making, so that means its time to use them

and want to dig some new red potatoes, should do that now and toss them on the grill.......bye

oh, what's happening at your place?

Old 06-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
Head Chef

Not really sure yet.
I may go out this evening, so maybe some pub grub.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Beth, we like our cauliflower roasted too. I suppose I'll go check and see what falls out of the freezer and make something to go with that.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Not sure, either. Definitely going to be cooked outside though. I have some gorgeous pork chops in the freezer and I'm thinking they might be nice marinated, then grilled. I also have some fresh sweet potatoes that would be nice with the chops. Yep, I've talked myself into it. Better head for the freezer.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
Master Chef

I'm not sure what I'm making Mark.... possibly something with chicken.

I'm having a version of http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...oes-56239.html. My version is the same idea, just different recipe for the sloppy joes. I, also, might make some baked french fries. The ones I had the other night with that BLT were yummy. I love to keep the skin on.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I'm not sure what I'm making Mark.... possibly something with chicken.

I'm having a version of http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...oes-56239.html. My version is the same idea, just different recipe for the sloppy joes. I, also, might make some baked french fries. The ones I had the other night with that BLT were yummy. I love to keep the skin on.
I changed my mind... I'm making chicken pot pie tonight. It's a good day for it.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Head Chef

Pedro's Beef Burrito Enchilada Style...
Pedro's Refried Beans...
Pedro's Salsa....
Long Hammer IPA beer.

Heaven.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
Certified Pretend Chef

I had some pasta sauce and some left over sausage ravioli filling in the freezer so the two will be married this evening and spend their final moments atop some pasta.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

I have some Catfish filets that will enjoy their final swim in a pot of 375* peanut oil ---- A Cabbage that will be converted into slaw ----A couple of Yellow squash that were missed on DW side of the row as we were picking that will be sliced, breaded, and given a chance to swim with the fishes --- Probably some cornmeal, and corn flour, that will be developed into Hush Puppies --- Maybe a fried tator or two --- Right now I think I will go ponder all of this whilst sipping some bourbon ---

Enjoy your supper ---

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
Executive Chef

I had all the stuff defrosted for our dinner and dh said he wasn't hungry - but I'm certainly not. I don't know if it is the weather or what -but he ate some cheese and crackers and said that was all he wanted. I think I'll have a glass of iced tea. That would be good.