What's for dinner? Sunday 10-2-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
My brother will be here around 2 for an early afternoon dinner. I was thinking of making a pot of chili, but changed my mind. :)

We're having slow roasted country style pork ribs. They're done now and fork tender, but I'll brush them with a little bbq sauce and put them under the broiler for a few minutes to get a nice char and caramelize the sauce a little. Sides will be mashed potatoes, steamed and buttered broccoli and carrots, and biscuits. :yum:

What's on your plate? :chef:

Surf and turf here. Grilled filet steaks, crab diablo stuffed butterflied red royals and bakers. Also grilling some achiote marinated chicken thighs for a tamale pie later this week. The sofrito is ready just have to add the chicken, cheese and make the corn muffin batter topping. Karen made the pickled veges for a muffaletta for lunch and snacks.

I just wanted a salad for one. By the time I was done I had enough for a salad for two days.
Romaine chopped, marinated mushrooms, pickled yellow peppers, olive relish, big fat tomato chopped, half a cucumber seeded and chopped, dill pickles sliced, salami spread w/cream cheese in little wedges, vinegar/oil/S&P. Two hard boiled eggs still hot. I really enjoy them still hot, whites are tender and the yolks are steamy.

Blissful, you make food like I do. Though we are two, I cook for eight.

I'm munching on a taquito. We have 4 more left.

Last edited:
Been busy today and more to do so.........

A hot dog sausage.gif and some beans from the freezer. :(

Daughter, SIL, and grandbaby were over for dinner. Flank steak on the grill, wild rice in the Zoji enhanced with bacon and scallions, roasted brussel sprouts, dutch oven rye bread. I have to make a lot of brussel sprouts, as SIL can eat an astonishing quantity of them when they are roasted. Grandbaby enjoyed the rye bread without the crust.

Day-yam, GG, that poke chop sure looks good. :yum:

It's soup weather. I made a big pot of beef veggie soup, and another loaf of bread. I put a quart+ of soup away for a friend, and we have nearly a quart left for us. Oh, and baked a loaf of French bread today. If I keep this up, the next time I shop for clothes it will have to be at Omar the Tent Maker's. :ohmy:

Attachments

• 2016-10-02 19.56.08.jpg
    2016-10-02 19.56.08.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 104
Back
Top Bottom