"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
Head Chef

I was gonna hit thr drive through at BK, but was inspired by this thread.

Best recipe for burgers

Old 07-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i miss having access to garden fresh veggies. so good and so good for you. markets , at least mine aims at the people that have no clue of veggies other that corn, and green beans. i would kill for a tomato that is not tasteless. i buy hot house, it has some flavor. my gardening skills are, alas are not very good or i would try it again. my tomato plants, i planted three different kinds were not very productive. alack and alas, i need a uncle bob, lol
Oh babe i wish you were closer. I've made a pig of myself with tomatoes. they are wonderful,sweet and juicy.Just dripping with sweetness. I love to slice them and put on fresh white bread with just a little mayo. Heaven

kades

Old 07-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #13
Cupcake

Using newly acquired ....

...cutting techniques, I made pasta with "refrigerator" sauce - which means whatever falls from the fridge. What fell was cherry tomatoes, garlic, onion, and some chicken breasts. I picked some fresh basil from the pot in the front to add in it. Sprinkled black pepper and lemon on the chicken to saute in a bit of olive oil. Cooked thin spaghetti while I made the sauce. The sauce was simply olive oil. I sauteed some garlic and onion that were minced, then added some fresh slice cherry tomatoes. I cooked the cherry tomatoes with the cut ends down until they were soft. Using the spatula, I pressed them a bit and added the basil. Gave it a stir and put it on the pasta. A sprinkle of fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt with a bit of parm (again from the fridge.) It turned out pretty well for no planning or store run! It was also a very pretty dish.

~Kathleen

Old 07-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #14
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I marinated some boneless chicken breasts and grilled them along with some silver queen corn. We had baked beans and some tomatoes with mozerlla and basil on the side.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Oh babe i wish you were closer. I've made a pig of myself with tomatoes. they are wonderful,sweet and juicy.Just dripping with sweetness. I love to slice them and put on fresh white bread with just a little mayo. Heaven

kades
No No!!! With lots of My-Nez

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
Head Chef

Pretty boring tonight - Turkey/swiss sandwich on pumpernickel with tomatoes, mustard and mayonnaise. Homemade coleslaw and potato chips on the side.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #17
Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
Pretty boring tonight - Turkey/swiss sandwich on pumpernickel with tomatoes, mustard and mayonnaise. Homemade coleslaw and potato chips on the side.
This sounds really wonderful!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #18
Executive Chef

veal sausage with marinara and pene, green n wax beans, corn.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 AM   #19
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenA View Post
This sounds really wonderful!
Come on over - I have lots of extra!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #20
Master Chef

We had a relatively light supper of "Mozzarella en Carrozza" last night, using David Rocco's recipe that I saw recently on the "Cooking Network".

DAVID ROCCO

It was GREAT. Although he doesn't show any dipping sauce, I provided one that we had at the late great "Orsini's" restaurant in NY - just some warmed extra-virgin olive oil with a few chopped anchovies, some dried Italian seasoning (or dried oregano), & a dash of crushed red pepper flakes.

It was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!

(Although those on a low-salt diet obviously wouldn't want to try this. It's definitely NOT a low-salt dish.)