What's for Dinner Thursday Dec 8/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Week 14 of PPPC, Cleveland v Pgh
And the Pimanti Bros Cheese Steak

Italian bread topped with a fried meatloaf patty, melted provolone cheese, french fries, vinegar based cole slaw, tomato and one more slice of bread.
Oh yeah... :yum:
And surprisingly, it all held together rather well.

Attachments

• PPPC week 14 Pgh Pimanti Bros Cheese Steak.jpg
    PPPC week 14 Pgh Pimanti Bros Cheese Steak.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 253
pacanis said:

Italian bread topped with a fried meatloaf patty, melted provolone cheese, french fries, vinegar based cole slaw, tomato and one more slice of bread.

This makes me weep. Dang, it looks good, Pac! Were the fries nice and crispy?

Dang it! I simply can't remember to snap a picture before I chow down! Sorry all.

We ended up with garlic/parmesan chicken, tossed green salad, and roasted potatoes, carrots and onions.

This makes me weep. Dang, it looks good, Pac! Were the fries nice and crispy?

Thanks, Dawg :)
No, the fries weren't crispy. I made soft fries because that's what the pics looked like, plus the shows I've seen the sandwich on. Plus I didn't feel like soaking them and double frying. I made this on the fly. Heck, I didn't even want to cook tonight. Dang Thurs night game :wacko:

Something with ground beef. I'm thinking of this casseroley thing with mushrooms, peppers, celery, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, covered in a biscuit topping. Or, maybe some Swedish meatballs....
I ended up doing my first idea I used a roll of Pilsbury croisant dough for the top. It turned out ok. Will I do it again? Probably not.

Attachments

• DSC00133.jpg
    DSC00133.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 161
I came home from work tonight with every intent of making a pot of chili. However, my wife had just spent an hour making everything in the kitchen sparkly clean, so in the interest of keeping the peace we went out to Ruby Tuesdays instead.

Chili tomorrow. :chef:

Rocklobster said:
I ended up doing my first idea I used a roll of Pilsbury croisant dough for the top. It turned out ok. Will I do it again? Probably not.

Dunno Rock. Looks pretty good to me! What went wrong?

Taste was fine, just wasn't crazy about the whole texture. Kinda like just eating straight spaghetti sauce. I followed a recipe for fun. I'll definitely eat the leftovers, just won't make it again, :LOL:

Last edited:
If you had drooled earlier, Steve, I would have given you half :LOL:

Everyones meals sound awesome!!

We had a dinner salad (green and red butter lettuce, raw broccoli, mushroom caps, black olives) tossed with homemade Italian dressing and topped with tuna and hard-boiled eggs. And rice pudding for dessert. No pictures because things got a bit crazy.

I have yet to figure out the fascination in Pittsburgh for taking your entire meal and shoving it between slices of bread.

Glad you enjoyed your sammich.. too bad the game wasn't enjoyable.

I have yet to figure out the fascination in Pittsburgh for taking your entire meal and shoving it between slices of bread.

"According to the restaurant, Joe Primanti, born in suburban Wilmerding, Pennsylvania, invented the sandwich during the Great Depression. His brothers, Dick and Stanley, later joined him. The Primantis opened their hole-in-the-wall restaurant at Smallman Street and 18th Street in the Strip District and served the late-night and early-morning workers who were unloading fish, fruits, and vegetables.[2]"

Primanti Brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is the history of it, however I fail to see the desire for it today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Typical game. They got me all excited when they intercepted BB at the end, but another epic fail.

Love the looks of your meals too, Patty1 :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom