"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-27-2004, 01:25 AM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliev
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah
ahm...i was talking about them as COOKS,lol.Whose cooking and recipes u like most?
erm, sorry sarah... Bang made his comment.. so I made mine! I love bbq... so Bobby Flay knows what he's doing!
you r cute :)

Old 10-27-2004, 01:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangbang
I will not eat anything that Emeril prepares because he sticks his nose into everything. Elton Browm is funny......but Mario rocks :!: :!:
It's funny how people are and their opinions. I have heard everything bad about all chefs. My mom couldn't stand Julia Child, but I loved her!!! I like Emeril and Rachel Ray because they have enthusiasm when they cook... that is a good thing to have fun while you cook!

Old 10-27-2004, 01:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliev
Quote:
ahm...i was talking about them as COOKS,lol.Whose cooking and recipes u like most?
erm, sorry sarah... Bang made his comment.. so I made mine! I love bbq... so Bobby Flay knows what he's doing!
you r cute :)
btw sarah, I can't help it he's hot! :oops:
Old 10-27-2004, 01:33 AM   #14
Head Chef

"oh yeah babe"! i like watching Emeril's shows too,well in my opinion,his recipes are kind of complicated at times,but i like his comments while he cooks.Elton Brown is a real genius i think!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:35 AM   #15
Head Chef

stop it julieve! Emeril's gettin jealous,LOL.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:37 AM   #16
Senior Cook

I just started watching the TV cooks a few months ago (again).. I used to watch them with my then wife in the "old days"...

I think overall my most "favorite" was ol Jeff Smith (the Frugal Gourmet).. probably because he cooked in a way that made sense to me and I could follow his recipes and things turned out fairly good. (He's here in Seattle.. or was a few years ago after he "retired" because of the scandals... I saw him at the Pike Street Market here in a wheelchair.. sad.)

Undoubtedly, in my opinion, the most accomplished and/or "best" cook on the air is Jacques Pepin but I haven't seen him in years except for a few guest appearances with Julia.. and of course Julia is/was THE "queen"...

Far as the current group on foodtv... I learn more from Alton Brown than anyone so I'd vote for him. Emeril has just too much "ham" for me even though I can learn from him.. If I could turn off the sound and not have to listen to the "bamm" and his 100's of "he's what I'm gonna do's" per program and all the "notch" stuff... but then I wouldn't know what he's doing.. so I skip his show.

I already had my say about Paula Deen in another thread and got myself into trouble by commenting on her "southern accent" and I promised I wouldn't do that again.. so I'll pass on her.

A also really enjoy Michael Chiarello because he also cooks the way I want to be able to.. I don't think he owns a teaspoon or tablespoon measuring device (well they are necessary for baking I guess, but I don't bake anything.. yet)... and he seems to be casual yet effective.

I'll take Sandra Lee over Racheal any day... But I guess I'm prone to favor foxy blonds :)

Jamie Oliver is fun to watch and kinda cooks like I'd like to also.. but I can't understand half of what he says.. and I lived in London for a few months too so go halfway used to their slurring their words and mumbling... but he's fun to watch.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:39 AM   #17

OH YEAH.... I forogt "The Na@#ed Chef".. Jamie Oliver!!!!!!!.. I loved his accent and his "cooking"... don't worry sarah!!!

I grew up watching Jeff Smith, lutzzzz.. it's such a shame that so much scandal was attached to him.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:59 AM   #18
Head Chef

what about Garry Rhodes?(i hope i'm typing the right name),i love his baking recipes.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:35 AM   #19
Master Chef

i liked Julia Child, and Two Fat Ladies was an awesome show. i'm sad the one passed away.
i like wolfgang, or did till they changed his show, and tony bourdain. he might be a scrawny guy with crooked teeth and bad manners, but a cook's tour and his books were pretty good.
rachel ray, now that she is more comfortable with the camera, has a few good shows. but she's just so nerdy!!! she giggles wayyyyyy too much.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:20 AM   #20
Head Chef

I used to love Jeff Smith and Julia . Of the current chefs, I think my favorites are Alton Brown,Ina Garten and Michael Chiarello. :)