A Green Salad TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I guess you've guessed how much I enjoy salads:yum:
Here is one I enjoy year round.
To 6 cups of mixed baby greens and sometime just plain old Boston lettuce, or baby spinach. I add 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts I put these together in a large salad bowl. after I whisk together 2-tab. fresh squeezed lemon juice, and a pinch of the lemon zest a 1/4 of a cup of a good evoo and some fresh ground black pepper now add the greens and nuts Serve right away with a bowl of soup and some nice crusty French or Italian bread with butter..YUM
kades

Oh-no, that sounds deadly! Pine nuts will kill me. But I often toss in toasted almonds or pecans when making a tossed salad. I use the juice of a lime and EVOO plus S&P. That does it for me.

Oh-no, that sounds deadly! Pine nuts will kill me. But I often toss in toasted almonds or pecans when making a tossed salad. I use the juice of a lime and EVOO plus S&P. That does it for me.
You know any nut is good toasted and I like the lime idea. so we both can make a great green salad and mangia.:yum:
kades

Kades--I just stay away from pine nuts. Didn't enjoy the one time I went into shock. I love, love, love limes. I love the Meyer lemons, but I find I like lime juice over lemon juice and always fresh-not those little plastic limes or lemons and not the reconstituted stuff. I pick lemons and limes up on sale on the half-price rack and bring them home and juice them. I then dry the peels. I always have lime/lemon juice on hand and zest.

Last edited:
Kades--I just stay away from pine nuts. Didn't enjoy the one time I went into shock. I love, love, love limes. I love the Meyer lemons, but I find I like lime juice over lemon juice and always fresh-not those little plastic limes or lemons and not the reconstituted stuff. I pick lemons and limes up on sale on the half-price rack and bring them home and juice them. I then dry the peels. I always have lime/lemon juice on hand and zest.
I love Meyer lemons and have 2 of them in pots I love limes and am going to bug my dh into getting me one this summer if possible. You have an allergy to pine nuts I'd run for cover if this happened to me. I am allergic to pineapple it's ot bad but I'm careful when i have it to just have a bite or two. Same thing with eggplant.I stop eating it when my lips start to go numb. I like your idea of making the juice and zest and freezing it. Whill give it a whirl. Thanks.
kades

I love Meyer lemons and have 2 of them in pots I love limes and am going to bug my dh into getting me one this summer if possible. You have an allergy to pine nuts I'd run for cover if this happened to me. I am allergic to pineapple it's ot bad but I'm careful when i have it to just have a bite or two. Same thing with eggplant.I stop eating it when my lips start to go numb. I like your idea of making the juice and zest and freezing it. Whill give it a whirl. Thanks.
kades
I have Meyer lemon juice from this winter in the freezer and zest. I'll just be very selective about using the juice--the season is a long way off and we only get them for about 2-3 weeks in the store. I am not mildly allergic to pine nuts. I cannot eat them at all--3 put me into anaphalactic (sp) shock. Not going to wait for my lips to go numb! I'm glad I'm not allergic to eggplant. I don't know what I would do if I could not eat eggplant!

I have Meyer lemon juice from this winter in the freezer and zest. I'll just be very selective about using the juice--the season is a long way off and we only get them for about 2-3 weeks in the store. I am not mildly allergic to pine nuts. I cannot eat them at all--3 put me into anaphalactic (sp) shock. Not going to wait for my lips to go numb! I'm glad I'm not allergic to eggplant. I don't know what I would do if I could not eat eggplant!
I can get away with several slices but anymore than that nope. It bothers me when I'm into it fried in evoo with salt and pepper...Just love it darn!!!
kades

Back
Top Bottom