Buon Giorno Ladies & Gentlemen,
How do you prepare your seafood salad ? Do you do it the Italian standard way ? Peruvian Ceviche style ? Marinade it and then, grill ?
Would love to hear all about it ...
Fresh Shellfish, fish and Seafood is always an elegant lunch and way to spend a lovely Friday in an open air garden amongst friends and / or work colleagues. This is the Salad that we had in San Vincenzo, Tuscana at Gambero Rosso, the Red Shrimp ... I am making this for lunch for us today.
INSALATA DI MARE - SEAFOOD, SHELLFISH & FISH SALAD ...
2 GARLIC CLOVES
LEMON JUICE FROM 2 LEMONS ( YOU CAN USE LIME IF YOU PREFER )
600 GRAMS OF FRESH SHELLFISH, SEAFOOD OR FISH:
squid or calamar
seabass or other white firm fish
90 Ml. Evoo
2 tblsps fresh chopped Italian parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Red cayenne pepper flakes
1. squeeze the juice of two lemons and place in a bowl with 2 minced garlic cloves and let marinade 1 hour
2. in the meantime, salt water and simmer over stove top and poach the mussels until they open
3. then, in another sauce pan, the clams
4) combine the lemon juice with the Evoo, parsley and salt and freshly ground black pepper
5) then, simmer the baby octopus sliced without the tentacles until tender
6) then, in Evoo, sauté the squid or calamar sliced finely in arcs until tender, a couple of minutes on each side
7) then, sauté the shrimp one minute per side until coral pink
8) drain well and pat dry on absorbent paper towelling
9) add all together and toss with the Evoo & lemon dressing
10) adjust the salt and freshly grind pepper to your palate
Serve with a wonderful warm oven baked crusty bread and a white sparkling wine from Italia or a Cava.
Enjoy the weekend,