ISO Caesar salad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
It so happened that I have not had Caeser salad in years, I am wondering what dressing is used for it? I mean like groccery store type dressing. Also does anybody have TNT and a quick recipe for it? I would like to try to make it at home. Thank you.

P.S. How do I add tags?

Charlie, I make an untraditional caesar salad dressing. Here is what I do:

1-2 garlic cloves crushed or minced
1 tsp dry mustard
3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp creamy salad dressing (ranch, cucumber, caesar)
1/2 cup EVOO

Whisk and pour over torn romaine lettuce. Toss in bacon bits and LOTS of parmesan cheese. Croutons if you desire them.

If you were to be traditional with the recipe you would remove the creamy salad dressing, add in an egg or egg yolk, add a bit more EVOO and some anchovy paste. Does that help Charlie?

Oh, and you need to add tags at the beginning. When the box pops up with "Is this a recipe?" there is another box for adding tags. I can add tags to things if you forget, just drop me a line.

Though I have not made it, here is the dressing from TCU that looked fantastic and sounded great!

2 anchovy fillets, rough chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
1 1/2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups olive oil

In a large bowl, add anchovy pieces, garlic and a pinch of salt and mush it together using a wooden spoon. Add yolks and whisk. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and whisk it until well combined. Continue to whisk as you drizzle in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.

I'm totally enjoying the classes....and getting awesome recipes as well!

~Kathleen

If you don't have anchovies handy, here's another one:

Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing

1 lemon
3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 large garlic clove, pressed
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup vegetable oil, or olive oil
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, (1 ounce)

1. 1. Juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons juice; place in Small Batter Bowl. Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and black pepper; whisk until blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add mayonnaise; whisk until smooth.

2. 2. While continually whisking, add oil to mayonnaise in a thin, steady stream. Continue whisking until blended; stir in Parmesan cheese. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve. Store dressing covered in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.

Yield: 1 Cup

Source: The Pampered Chef

All of these recipes sound great. I think the secret lies in having very good quality ingredients. Nice, real, meaty bacon bits, big garlicy crutons, and good quality parmesan. You can't go wrong if you use quality stuff...

All of these recipes sound great. I think the secret lies in having very good quality ingredients. Nice, real, meaty bacon bits, big garlicy crutons, and good quality parmesan. You can't go wrong if you use quality stuff...

That sounds right to me.

After all of this my guests did not show up we had like 16 inches of snow. City is shut down there was no mail, no city buses, airport is closed, we cut out of the world. To finish the picture my snowbloer broke and I cannot get out of the driway to go buy part I need. Love the global worming. Tonorow shoulb ) degrees or less.

After all of this my guests did not show up we had like 16 inches of snow. City is shut down there was no mail, no city buses, airport is closed, we cut out of the world. To finish the picture my snowbloer broke and I cannot get out of the driway to go buy part I need. Love the global worming. Tonorow shoulb ) degrees or less.

We get some of that Sunday evening. That same system is moving towards Montreal. We will get freezing rain, for a minimum of 2 hours followed by 15-30 cm (6-12 inches) of snow Sunday and Monday. We already have nearly 2 feet of snow from the storm last weekend. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom