Ranch Bacon Potato Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This salad holds up well for days. I prefer to use white or Yukon gold potatoes, something that won't mush up.
If my husband liked onions, I would have used some chopped red onions in this salad.
Enjoy! Debbie

RANCH BACON POTATO SALAD

img_591939_0_20f03605d7eb969b7c29f20754b507f5.jpg

5 large (6 cups) POTATOES; Cubed.
1 cup(s) SOUR CREAM
1 package(s) (1 ounce) RANCH DRESSING MIX AND SEASONING MIX; Hidden Valley.
1/2 cup(s) MAYONNAISE
1/2 cup(s) MIRACLE WHIP
5 to 6 slice(s) (1/3 cup) BACON; Cook And Crumble.
3 EGGS; Hard Boiled, Chopped.
4 GREEN ONIONS; Chopped.
SALT; To Taste.
BLACK PEPPER; To Taste.
_____

Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender.
Let potatoes cool; peel and cube up.
Add cubed potatoes to a large bowl.
Add bacon bits, chopped green onions and chopped up hard boiled eggs.
Combine the sour cream, with the ranch dressing and mix well.
Add sour cream mixture along with the Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip and mix gently.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place in refrigerator for a couple hours before serving.
This tastes better the longer it sits.
_____

I can NOT do mayo or Miracle Whip (gross gross gross), but this looks delicious. Do you think sour cream would work?

I can NOT do mayo or Miracle Whip (gross gross gross), but this looks delicious. Do you think sour cream would work?

I'm sure you could. If I did, I think I would maybe add a little garlic powder, something to maybe give it a little more flavor. Dill might even be good.

I think if you did sour cream only you would want to up the salt and pepper and add some acid - either lemon juice or apple-cider vinegar. The juice from pickle relish will add to the flavor also. Dill is an excellent suggestion too as is the garlic powder. I guess you could even make tzatziki - sounds good to me anyway if it's the mayo you want to stay away from.:pig:

My goodness, this looks and sounds delicious!!! I've made potato salad in a variety of ways, but I'm always looking to improve on it. This does it for me and with summer on the way, I'll be making a lot of it. Thanks for the recipe!

My goodness, this looks and sounds delicious!!! I've made potato salad in a variety of ways, but I'm always looking to improve on it. This does it for me and with summer on the way, I'll be making a lot of it. Thanks for the recipe!

You are welcome. I hope you enjoy the salad. Debbie

Yet another yummy idea! I have never liked potato salad until recently when I started making it for DH. Now I like it because at least I know what is in mine! I love this recipe too!

Back
Top Bottom