Thank You, VeraBlue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjs

Sous Chef
I ended up with just too many dishes I wanted to try on Thanksgiving, so I've been spending this week cooking the ones I couldn't get to on 'the day'.

Yesterday, I made up your Lemon Creme Mold salad - I divided it up between our house and three others and all the reports? Wonderful!! I had some S.W. Cranberry Salsa left over and topped the salad with a llittle of that - my, what a nice combination. This one has been added to the "holiday ideas"!

So thanks much for posting the reicpe!! :)

P.S. Guess for those who missed the posting, I should include the recipe for you - hope it's alright to repost...

"I only make it once a year, for Thanksgiving. Some may prefer it as a dessert, but I've always served it with the main course. The mold is very creamy and soothingly cool. It is a welcome respite to all the savoury food that is served during the main course. I use a tupperware mold that holds 7 cups. A bundt pan can be used, but lightly spray it with pam first. You'll have to immerse it for a few moments in warm water if you use the bundt pan to help it release.

Lemon Creme Mold

16 oz soft cream cheese
1/2 C sugar
12oz can evaporated milk
6 oz lemon jello
2 C boiling water
1t lemon zest
3T fresh lemon juice

Method

Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and smooth. Gradually blend in evaporated milk. Dissolve jello in boilig water. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, together with lemon juice and zest. Blend well. Pour into 6-7C mold. Chill overnight.

When I unmold this, I do so onto a cake plate. I garnish it with fresh lemon slices which I've dipped in frothed egg white and sugar. I put a small bowl into the center of the mold and fill that with homemade cranberry sauce or relish. My family has always enjoyed how this cools the mouth, especially since everything else (stuffing, onions, etc..) is so savoury."

Last edited:
Thank you for the recipe, Vera Blue and thank you for reposting it, Jean. :)

Oh, that looks yummy. Reminds me of one my Aunt Ruth used to make, but she used 7-UP (anyone remember that stuff?) in it.

Back
Top Bottom