So far I've gathered the following for my Waldorf salad:
- 1/2 cup chopped, slightly toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced (or a 1/4 cup of raisins)
- 1 sweet apple, cored and chopped
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1) how do you "slightly toast" walnuts?
2) how different will it taste with yogurt instead of mayo?
3) can I use bottled lemon juice?
4) I'm used to buying the packaged salads at the grocery store. Is that not recommended for this? I was just going to get the regular iceberg lettuce pack.