Bakechef's Getting Married!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a question for you bakechef. With my friends John and Billy, Billy gleefully calls himself the wife in the marriage. Are one of you going to be the wife? :flowers: Or are you going to hunt me down to smack me for asking? :ermm: :LOL:

See now that's a complicated question. I often refer to him as "the Mrs.". He's the more flamboyant one, but then he has a lot of straight guy traits. He hogs the remote, leaves clean dishes on the counter because he claims to not know where they go, he can only cook enough to keep himself alive, he has the more "butch" job. At work I'm a cake decorator, I do all of the cooking at home, but on the flip side, at home I'm the handyman, the tech geek, and I come off as "straight" to people when I first meet them.

It's interesting once you become part of the gay community and realize just how different it is than the way we are portrayed on TV and in movies. One of my best friends we call "straight Matt", he is a football junkie, he doesn't dress all that well, he can't decorate AT ALL, and he isn't neat. :LOL: One of the local professional drag queens drives a Ford F-250 (the big one) truck, it's funny seeing a big truck roll up with someone with even bigger hair!

No I don't take offence at this at all. There are roles to play in a relationship, so many are curious how that fits in a gay relationship! Heck those roles are changing in straight relationships more than ever.:)

I'm chuckling about "straight guy" traits. One of my straight friends is the biggest neat freak EVER and is a far better decorator than all but one of the women I know. One of our friends tells me that they both have husbands.

Someday soon bakechef, your marriage will be recognized everywhere. Come on up to Canada. Alberta is about as rednecked as you can get and we're starting to see the light. Seems to me that when something is right, it will eventually be recognized.

.....No I don't take offence at this at all. There are roles to play in a relationship, so many are curious how that fits in a gay relationship! Heck those roles are changing in straight relationships more than ever.:)

Thanks for such a fun and complete answer! And about your quote above? At any party we throw you'll find me in the kitchen with the guys ('cuz in our neighborhood that's where the beers are lined up in the 'fridge) talking sports with them. Himself tolerates my vice, his only concession to sports is following his old college football team. We're just all glad your on the DC team. ;)

When my BIL was starting his own business, he couldn't afford a paid helper. Hubby stayed home with the kids and I went to work with the BIL. I learned how to point a chimney, install a new furnace, electrical work, plastering, wallpapering, etc. Hubby was the child caregiver and cook. Hubby had been seriously injured at work, so it was a great arrangement all around. Anytime hubby had a medical appointment, my sister watched all the kids.

BC, a quick story. Around 14 y.o. I was into romance magazines. There was a story that had a word in it that I fell in love with. Didn't understand the story at all. But I loved that "word." So I went around telling everyone who asked me what I wanted for a career, that I wanted to be a "Lesbian." Finally someone told me what it meant. I still didn't understand but I did realize that in the 50's, it was not the best word to be bantering around. It was almost equivalent to being a street drug addict. How far we have come and thankfully so. :angel:

Before I leave for vacation, I need to stock up the store's freezer with decorated cakes.

96, ninety six is the number of cakes that I decorated today. In the interest of full disclosure, I iced them yesterday and decorated them today. I'm about 2/3 finished.

I'm pooped!

Before I leave for vacation, I need to stock up the store's freezer with decorated cakes.

96, ninety six is the number of cakes that I decorated today. In the interest of full disclosure, I iced them yesterday and decorated them today. I'm about 2/3 finished.

I'm pooped!

Oh good lord, that's a LOT of cakes! I'd be so sick of cake by now.....

Got something new for cooking off the registry. I've been wanting a new roaster for a while! A good friend from MA sent it
IMG_20130814_182503.jpg

Nowhere exotic, but one of my favorite places on earth Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park. Our traveling friends bought us a stay at a nice place there. They will also be visiting there and I can't wait to show them around. The wedding night will be on the way there in a different hotel than our friends ;–)

The budget for this whole shindig is pretty modest and we've already been on a cruise this year!

I might hide the car :LOL:

Very exciting and very fun pictures! Thank you for sharing them! I'm thrilled that more states recognize same-sex marriages! From the looks of your photos, you are doing well for a modest budget. Trust me on this: HIDE the CAR! Do NOT give ANYONE...no matter how innocent they look or how much they swear they are trying to help, the location of the car or your keys. Really. :)

Very exciting and very fun pictures! Thank you for sharing them! I'm thrilled that more states recognize same-sex marriages! From the looks of your photos, you are doing well for a modest budget. Trust me on this: HIDE the CAR! Do NOT give ANYONE...no matter how innocent they look or how much they swear they are trying to help, the location of the car or your keys. Really. :)

Aww geez, Kathleen, you spoil all the fun! :LOL: We'd never do anything to Bakechef's car....:angel:

Beautiful roaster, BC!

Listen, while you are getting married, leave that beautiful roaster on the counter and I will come and watch it for you. Folks from Mass. know quality when they see it. :angel:

We now have 2 photographers!

Two of our guests are photographers, and both want to take pictures. I've spoken to both of them and I'll have one primary photographer and another doing candid shots! Who has two photographers clamoring to take your wedding pictures for free?

We are a couple of lucky guys!

We now have 2 photographers!

Two of our guests are photographers, and both want to take pictures. I've spoken to both of them and I'll have one primary photographer and another doing candid shots! Who has two photographers clamoring to take your wedding pictures for free?

We are a couple of lucky guys!

That's a great wedding present! And yes, a few pictures to share would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom