Family oddest dish that is always made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it is. "Black pudding is a type of blood sausage commonly eaten in Great Britain, Ireland and in other parts of Europe. Wikipedia"

And yes, I have eaten it, on a trip to Ireland. We had it at breakfast our first morning there and did not like it one bit. Tried it once and will never have it again. Sorry.

Thanks, GG. Heh. My German grandfather loved his blood sausage. My English grandmother would dutifully cook it for him. No one else would eat it.

My brother and parents loved blood pudding.

Blech, pa--tui! ka ka, yech and a few other expletives. :LOL:

Don't even think I swallowed my first taste. :angel:

There's them's that do and them's that don't! :ROFLMAO:

Can't imagine them in "rolls".

Blood pudding is common and easily available here. Might be seasonal but really can't say - don't look for it so don't notice and have no intention to... ;)

Black pudding roll is like hamburger but instead of meat patty there is blackpudding.

Blood bread on the other hand is bread baked with blood instead of water. Really yummy cooked in broth with fried pork

My Dad and I were talking about a blood bread recipe he stumbled across in an old Norwegian cookbook the other day...no idea where we could get the blood to try the recipe.

Well here you can get blood in the freezer section but in the USA there used to be a ban or still is on transporting fresh blood. We had discussion about this 10 years ago when two Americans wanted to make some form of blood sausage.

Talking about food last night at a family gathering, I was reminded of one of my fathers fav. meal. Cooked elbow macaroni mixed with cooked hamburger & onions. Served with A-1 steak sauce. It wasn't my favorite at the time but I ate it, talking with siblings found out they all loved it. Now Im going to have to make a small amount just to go down memory lane and see if its still not a favorite or that I actually like it. Should be interesting.

Shrek likes bleu cheese dressing on his fries...I like mine with salt only.
I like bleu cheese dressing on mine. I also am known to use mayo, preferably homemade, on mine...good thing I don't eat fries often. In high school, we would go to Perkins or Country Kitchen, order cole slaw and french fries (separate dishes), with bleu cheese on the side for the fries.

Back
Top Bottom