Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today we are making wings. I was going to grill them, but with the wind today I am not comfortable with charcoal and embers, especially with the piles of leaves that keep showing up in our yard.

How are you celebrating another Sunday of football?

Dinner out tonight. We're celebrating our birthdays.

The 9-2 Patriots are not playing today. I'll be cheering them on to beat the Jets tomorrow night. I'll be rooting for the Browns to take care of Miami today.

Also rooting for Baltimore over Pittsburgh and Dallas over Indianapolis.

Today we are making wings. I was going to grill them, but with the wind today I am not comfortable with charcoal and embers, especially with the piles of leaves that keep showing up in our yard.

How are you celebrating another Sunday of football?

Better than piles of SNOW.

We're having a big pot of beans, some coleslaw and an undecided entree. I thought I was going to do roast beef melts but my eldest will have a cow if I make those when she isn't home, so I have to decide on something else. I personally will not be watching football, but Ken likely will. His withdrawal from CFL starts pretty much the moment the Grey Cup ends!

Shrek is watching football, with his new tenor banjo...we are having a pot of chili and cornbread. I am cleaning out food storage spaces.

I made a pot of chili last night for today. I will serve it with some beans and elbows for Kathleen. I made a sour dough round yesterday as well.

Other than you people in Minnesota how are you celebrating your game?

I do hope they can figure it all out for the Vikings fans.

Don't have a clue what's on the menu. Maybe some shrimp scampi. Maybe not.

However, I will be watching the late afternoon game cheering for the Patriots over the Bears. I hope the win. I've been giving my buddy in Chicago a hard time about his team.

Glad no one was injured in Minnesota.

I just saw footage of the dome collapse...amazing! I am very glad no one was hurt.

Shrek has plans for a hamburger and cottage cheese.

Today my back is bothering me and I thought I was going to be on the list of inactives for tailgating but I am pushing through, playing hurt, giving it for the team.

I have brats braising in beer and some baked beans.

What are you cooking to celebrate America's greatest sport?

I have a pot roast planned for tonight's dinner. The Patriots are hosting the Green Bay Packers tonight so food will be in the rear view mirror by then (except for dessert).

BTW, IMO, America's Greatest Sport starts in April.

I'm grinding my pork, chilies, onoins, garlic and spices for my Tamale filler for Christmas dinner, today. Will make my masa later.

For today...turkey pot pies.

Tamales are awesome. I made some for Christmas a few years back!

One of my nurse aides and I usually do up a huge batch every year, but they have a new baby and he's not up to it this year. (gee, I wonder why:LOL:) Last year we did up 40 pounds of pork into tamales. They ran out in August. I'm just shooting for about 4 pounds this year.

One of my nurse aides and I usually do up a huge batch every year, but they have a new baby and he's not up to it this year. (gee, I wonder why:LOL:) Last year we did up 40 pounds of pork into tamales. They ran out in August. I'm just shooting for about 4 pounds this year.

They are definitely more fun to make as a group project. :)

So last Sunday we were on the road so I wasn't able to tailgate. We did make it to the Windy City Dawg Pound to watch the game and I wanted to make sure to thank them for their welcome.

This week I had planned on making chili for the game. Friday my friend called and told me he had a goose for me so plans, well, they changed.

I have the goose cooking, it won't be ready for the game but that is ok as we have a large container of pate.

What are you having for the last regular season game?

SO is making individual chicken dinner pies with puff pastry crusts for us tonight. I'll be watching the Patriots walk through their last game against the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom