Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Free weights today. Bench press, military press, leg press, dumbell flies, calf raises, bicep curls, dumbell arm raises, tricep curls, reverse dumbell flies, Then 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer.

I did a hard cardio workout this morning, 20 minutes HIIT on the eliptical, 10 minutes on the instrument of torture - stairmaster, and then 20 minutes on the cardiowave. It was really good, my butt's sore now! Which I take as a good sign!

Thats awesome Kyles!

Well I'm going on week 3 of my exercise program and I'm happy to say I'm seeing results. I'm toning up finally. I've lost a few pounds but not sure how much. I wanted to lose 14 as I gained during the winter months......I'd guess I've lost 6 or 7. My clothes are fitting so much better. I haven't been walking like I was though. However, I'm getting a big workout working in the yard and around the garage and house cleaning. I'm performing my toning exercises every other day though. Oh and I do get some cardio by watching VH1 in the morning and dancing around.........:LOL: That Shakira song......"my hips don't lie"....or something like that.........that'll work your abs good if you pretend your a belly dancer. I make sure I shut my blinds first though:LOL: .

I've tried to be good and eliminate pop but ultimately I seem to grab a can now and then. But I have kept up with the water intake and my skin is so thankful. Its still hard to force myself to eat breakfast though. But ultimately I do eat a bowl of Special K with Berries and 1% milk. However, having gone for so many years of not being a real breakfast eater I admit I do forget.

Sizz, I turned on the satelite radio to the 80's and danced around. My calves are hurting so badly 2 days later, but, it was a good work out though!! And fun. As long as it doesn't feel like excersise, I can do it. LOL

Oh yes!! Jamming to your favourite tune is one of the most amusing way to exercise. We do aerobic dancing classes couple of times a week, it is very similar to this programme (you can get a glimpse if you click on the section on the lower right corner) ... once you get the hang of it you can do your own routine to the music of your choice... very cool:cool:

This whole week my employer (employes about 3000 people in my city alone) has been having EA DAYS...employee appreciation days. Today was the big finally. We played games this afternoon and pounded a few "tall ones"....I haven't played tug of war since grade school and I'm 34...well, I did it THREE TIMES today. That was enough exercize for me...I'm hurting bad right now!!!!

SO many people, especially women, get ver caught up in the weight loss aspect of working out. I just want to interject here that even overweight people who are unlikely to ever be thin should still exercise. It isn't about looking like a fashion model, it is about feeling good, and exercise always makes you feel good once you get rid of the "I'm doing it to loose XX lbs" attitude. Taking a walk makes you see things you never see in a car. Taking an exercise class consistently introduces you to others who encourange you to go on (right now I have a half-dozen exercise friends from classes who give me grief i I don't show up for classes). Your dogs will love you if you get them on a walking regimin, and again, will give you grief if you stop.

I think sometimes you have to get rid of the weight loss thing before you can truly enjoy exercise for its own sake.

I agree exercise is to be enjoyed, otherwise it is for sure that we won't stick with it long enough to do us good. However, it is important to get to a healthy weight which I'm trying to do. I've lost 14 pounds since I started on my regimen and hope to lose about 20 more. I won't be pencil thin then, but will be at a more healthy weight for me. I don't want to be really thin, but want my numbers to get in a healthy category for me. My bp is already down and I hope to find out about the other numbers soon. Also I am hoping to get off of some of the medications I take and hope the weight loss helps with my arthritis. I think that is quite sensible.

Yes, I've been walking around East Boston for the last several days since I found out that I'm a diabetic.

It's part of the campain to lose some weight. And you're right!! Eat right, lose some weight, execise and stay healthy!

~Corey123.

Sizzlin, if you tend to forget to eat breakfast, maybe you could sip on a meal replacement shake instead? My husband tends to do that. It's easier to bring yourself to drink than eat in the mornings if you're not hungry.

Yes!

I went to the gym and did an hour of hard exercise. Came home and had a Lean Cuisine and a chocolate covered marshamallow.

The devil made me do it. :devilish:

biev said:
Sizzlin, if you tend to forget to eat breakfast, maybe you could sip on a meal replacement shake instead? My husband tends to do that. It's easier to bring yourself to drink than eat in the mornings if you're not hungry.

Good suggestion! Thanks!!!

texasgirl said:
Sizz, I turned on the satelite radio to the 80's and danced around. My calves are hurting so badly 2 days later, but, it was a good work out though!! And fun. As long as it doesn't feel like excersise, I can do it. LOL

:LOL: my abdomen killed me the first time I tried to imitate Shikira and her belly dancing:) . Oh well its fun and it entertains my youngest. I'm sure in a few years he'll just roll his eyes and walk away or better yet run.

Woohoo! I walked 45 minutes with my son today, with weights on my hands and all! I'm feeling so energized I think I'll do an all-nighter today. :ohmy: We're going to extend the walking time a bit tomorrow, depending on the soreness on our legs. :LOL:

Great Dina! Good for you. I hope you are not sore tomorrow. I was SUPPOSED to work out today. DH convinced me to take a shower and go to the outlet mall with him and his folks - I'm such a sucker.....Oh well, I walked around the outlet mall and went for a long walk with me son - not as good as the club but better than sitting home.

I went for a 25:56 minute 5k run this morning and a 37:44 15km bike ride this evening

forget the 5k fun run, I'm doing a mini-triathlon in August, woowoo!

I thought I was doing good with an hr. of exercise a day...you're inspirational! Way to go. Sounds like your getting the "Runner's high" and enjoying your runs.

What are the other two events in the triathlon in August?

today was a 3.4km run (8 laps in lane 4) in 19:20 - gotta get faster

Cheryl, it's a very very mini-tri - it's called "Try-a-Tri" as part of the Kelowna Apple Triathlon (www.appletriathlon.com)

300m swim, 15km ride, 3km run

I'm not expecting to win, but I'd like to come in under an hour, but I have less than two months to prepare for it. I'm insane. But considering I was 260 lbs around Christmas time and am now closer to about 215, I'll give it a go and see what happens!.

Back
Top Bottom