What adult beverage are you drinking right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fisher's Mom said:
I... uhmmm...I think I read it somewhere. Yeah, that's the ticket, I read it somewhere. :innocent:

yeah.JPG :LOL:

Drink Till Your Satisfied....

Well right now I am drinking a "nice size" glass of Port, but earlier I was drinking freshly made iced tea.

keltin said:
=

OH! Katie - you’re in Kentucky right? Do they still make “Ale81” (which can be pronounced “A-Late-One”) up there? When I went to Kentucky on business many years ago, I bumped into that drink and loved it! I brought two cases back with me, but that is long gone. :(

I’m wondering if they still make it? Have you heard of it?
I checked on Wednesday with the store I thought would have Ale 81. The owner said he'd not been able to get it for at least 3 years. He mentioned it was pretty tasty and that it's made in Winchester, Kentucky.

That's all I was able to find out. If you know someone who lives in or near Winchester, perhaps you could get them to look into getting some for you.

I did discover that you can purchase it at www.ale81.com.

Last edited:
It's been awhile - everyone go on the wagon? :LOL:

Of course, I meant to post this last night (I SWEAR, I'm not drinking it now) - drank some Zweigelt from the vintner Anton Bauer in Austria - it was VERY nice! Much like a pinot noir in it's lightness. It definitely but had some nice red fruit notes (cherry) some herbal/vegetal notes and finished with a touch of chocolate. It just might be my choice of red for Thanksgiving this year. A nice change from Pinot.

Well, since we're talking about last night ;) , it was hot and humid, so I had some lemonade spiked with Chambord. Today, one cup of coffee at home, then water the rest of the day, till I get home around 8:30 after photography class.

Tonight - 2005 Mollydooker "The Boxer" Shiraz. RP 95 as well as RP "best value (red) wine in the world under $20." And it is.

Buzz

OMG - I have a bottle of that too! Haven't opened it yet - yes, Robert sure gave him a good score but I heard through the grapevine (no pun intended) it cost him a bundle to get that score. Whatever (not my money :LOL:) I intend to enjoy the heck out of it. I also have the Maitre'd (sp), Giggle Pot, Two Left Feet, and Blue-Eyed Boy. I'm gonna hate when they are gone - I sure hope we can get more.

EDITED TO SAY: I work in a wine shop, which is why I have all that.

There's two top shelf ones - ummmmmmmm - Carnival of Love and Enchanted Path - I just don't want to fork out the money, even though I would just be paying cost.

What did you pay for yours? We sell it for $19.99 - a friend was out of town and she paid $29.99 for The Boxer :ohmy:

I have The Scooter and Goosebumps - There's so many they are hard to keep up with.

I see you are in Naples, Florida - too far away to have a Dooker Buffet on the front porch!:LOL:

Last edited:
Okay, seeing everyone agrees we're talking about last night, Di Majo Norante Sangiovese, that I picked up at Cost Plus World Market. One of the smoothest Italian red wines I have ever enjoyed. I thought BV Estates Cabernet was the best red wine available until I tried this.

OMG - I have a bottle of that too! Haven't opened it yet - yes, Robert sure gave him a good score but I heard through the grapevine (no pun intended) it cost him a bundle to get that score. Whatever (not my money :LOL:) I intend to enjoy the heck out of it. I also have the Maitre'd (sp), Giggle Pot, Two Left Feet, and Blue-Eyed Boy. I'm gonna hate when they are gone - I sure hope we can get more.

EDITED TO SAY: I work in a wine shop, which is why I have all that.

There's two top shelf ones - ummmmmmmm - Carnival of Love and Enchanted Path - I just don't want to fork out the money, even though I would just be paying cost.

What did you pay for yours? We sell it for $19.99 - a friend was out of town and she paid $29.99 for The Boxer :ohmy:

I have The Scooter and Goosebumps - There's so many they are hard to keep up with.

I see you are in Naples, Florida - too far away to have a Dooker Buffet on the front porch!:LOL:

I got onto Mollydooker a couple years ago from an article I read. Here's where you get it (if not at your retail shop)

Mollydooker Winery - Find and Buy Molly Dooker Wines Direct

This is distributor direct and today, 10-10-07 is the LAST DAY to get shipping for only 1 cent a bottle. For the money, The Boxer is the best deal, but they're all just super.

I met the vintners, Sarah and Sparky Marquis, at a wine tasting in Naples this past July. They are a couple of real characters and put on a heck of a show. Good thing I wasn't driving because I drank every one of their wines including about a half bottle of Velvet Glove. I'm betting Parker gives that one 100 points. Wine advocate has completed the tastings but the scores have not yet been released. The wines were not decanted, rather, the Mollydooker Shake was used. Now I use that technique on all my newer wines. It works.

I still have over a case of 05 Boxer, and my 06's included 3 cs Boxer, 6 btl Blue Eyed Boy, 6 Carnival Of Love, 1 each of the rest except for 2 Velvet Gloves. I'm not going to drink the Glove because they're sold out and I'm going to watch the auction sites next year to see if there might be a little moola to be made.

One final note, Goosebumps! I will never drink a $50 champaign again. Goosebumps is, in a word, thrilling - my new bubbly of choice.

Buzz

edit - Um, forgot to say that the penny a bottle shipping is for cases of 12 only, not individual bottles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom