What beer do you enjoy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is usually Becks or Heineken that is in my frige. Most American beers have little taste to me. While in a pub I will go for a Guiness on tap.

I'm talking about the major brand, Bud, Coors, Miller, Sam Adams, etc. We have a few micro brewery's in my area but you don't see their beer in most stores. You have to hunt them down or go to the brewery to get it.

I reckon I missed this thread......I have little use for most commercial...make that mass produced, American beer. I am very fond of a good IPA, stout and the occasional lambic.
I find the trend these days of using a lot of wheat as an adjunct doesn't suit my palate.
Seems somewhat mealy in my mouth. Just a personal observation.
Guinness on tap is near the top of my list but I am always willing to try new iterations of the ancient and venerable beverage known as beer.

I reckon I missed this thread......I have little use for most commercial...make that mass produced, American beer. I am very fond of a good IPA, stout and the occasional lambic.
I find the trend these days of using a lot of wheat as an adjunct doesn't suit my palate.
Seems somewhat mealy in my mouth. Just a personal observation.
Guinness on tap is near the top of my list but I am always willing to try new iterations of the ancient and venerable beverage known as beer.
I share your sentiments. Wheat beers taste musty to me. Sam Adams Irish Red, Boston Ale and Boston Lager are not bad. Paulaner Salvator is pretty good (unless you like those watery light brews).

I'm not a big beer drinker and I change my mind often about which ones I like.
At the moment I'm fond of making beer shandy with carling Black Label and Homemade Alcoholic Ginger Beer.

If we're out, especially at the authentic Irish pub about 20 miles from home, I like to get a Guinness draught. Hubby refers to it as the beer you chew. H'es a Bass Ale kinda guy while I like the heartier brews. Just make sure it is NOT highly hopped - don't like the bitter.

We rotate our supply based on season - heavier if we have beer in the winter, less heavy (but NEVER "light") in warmer weather. I'm always jonesing for some Great Lakes Brewing Company since we live 600+ miles from back home in OH.

If you're ever in southwest FL head for Fort Myers Beach. There's a bar on the strip called House of Brewz that has a wall of 50 taps. Shot glass samples till you find what you want. They had a milk stout when we were there that was so smooth it was like a milkshake! (Left-Hand Brewing Co.)

If we're out, especially at the authentic Irish pub about 20 miles from home, I like to get a Guinness draught. Hubby refers to it as the beer you chew. H'es a Bass Ale kinda guy while I like the heartier brews. Just make sure it is NOT highly hopped - don't like the bitter.

We rotate our supply based on season - heavier if we have beer in the winter, less heavy (but NEVER "light") in warmer weather. I'm always jonesing for some Great Lakes Brewing Company since we live 600+ miles from back home in OH.

If you're ever in southwest FL head for Fort Myers Beach. There's a bar on the strip called House of Brewz that has a wall of 50 taps. Shot glass samples till you find what you want. They had a milk stout when we were there that was so smooth it was like a milkshake! (Left-Hand Brewing Co.)
You don't like the bitter, but you like Guiness?

Don't care for beer, but I know what Shrek likes and I'm good about finding him new ones to try.

I enjoy Sam Adams lagers. The Winter Lager is my favorite. The rest of the year I go with Boston Lager.

When you go for one of Sam Adams tours, you get to taste what ever beer they are making that day. And not just a small sip. But a full glassful. Nice to have Sam in your backyard. Too bad I don't drink. :angel:

If we're out, especially at the authentic Irish pub about 20 miles from home, I like to get a Guinness draught. ...
You don't like the bitter, but you like Guiness?

I don't find Guiness draught bitter. Maybe it's the keg, maybe it's my tastebuds. Or maybe the creaminess masks any bitterness. Might decide different if it was from a bottle.

Back
Top Bottom