What is your favorite drink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Morning,

My list pretty much stands the same ... Wine with dinner ... My all time loves are Prosecco, Cava and Galician White Albariño or Albarinho ( Portugese white wine from this grape ) ...

In reds, Piemonte D.O.C. however, I also enjoy Abruzzi reds and Tuscan reds ... Spanish D.O. ( DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN ) Ribera del Duero or Toro aged Reds ... Some aged La Rioja Reds as well.

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Well paired wine with food is a constant.

Beyond that, I go through phases.

These include good scotch, bourbons, tequilas, cognac. Can run the gamut.

Since a trip to Italy last fall, I've been into Negroni's.

I enjoy a good red wine, but I'm really not a wine drinker I adore Prosecco and Sundays I indulge. I also like a mimosa, B&B on a cold night. Other than that a dark beer is a Suday before and after drink.
kades

A nice tall ice cold glass of milk with a piece of chocolate cake. After that, coffee with cream and sugar. I get some strange looks from wait people when they ask, "Would anyone like some drinks?" I just ask for the milk and tell them I am underage.

One of the things you are going to find as you get older and your list of meds get longer and longer, somewhere down the line, you are not going to be able to drink alcohol with them. You will see that little sticker on more and more of your prescription bottles. "Do not drink alcohol." Hopefully by that time you will be too senile to even care.

Just because I have never had a drink, most folks think I am totally against it with a vegeance. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I just can't stand the smell of it. Never could. As a result I never had the need to even try it. But for those folks who enjoy a drink, go for it. I can understand after a very trying day, you come home, sit down letting out a big breath of sigh and have a nice cold drink to sip on. By the time you finish it, you are ready to come to the dinner table and tackle any home problems. To all of you I say,

"Skol!" "Cheers!" and any other saying of your nationality. Enjoy.

:ermm:

I like most white wines, never red. I also enjoy a good gin martini on occasion, or a Captain Morgan spiced rum with coke if I want to stay awake like in Vegas.

My favorite drink of all though is "Steve's Remarkable Ice Tea". I drink it nearly all day long, every day. He makes it by the gallon with 3 black tea bags, 2 Tbs. of Earl Grey tea leaves, and 2 Tbs. of Truvia sweetener. Steep the teas in 2 cups of boiling water till room temp. Add the sweetener, strain it into a gallon container and fill with cold water. That is the most perfect Ice Tea you will ever drink.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of ice café au lait in warm weather. I make a double espresso; add some ice cubes; and then I fill the cup with cold milk. Oh yeah, that stuff is good. If you use sugar, add it before the ice cubes and stir.

This is a nice thirst quencher when you are outside working on a hot day and the sun has not yet set over they yardarm--

Glass of Ice water. One slice of cucumber. Allow to steep about 10 minutes, and top with more ice. Totally refreshing.

Well paired wine with food is a constant.

Beyond that, I go through phases.

These include good scotch, bourbons, tequilas, cognac. Can run the gamut.

Since a trip to Italy last fall, I've been into Negroni's.
The sugar in a Negroni made with Campari and red vermouth can make one quite tipsy.
Or maybe it's the coloring made from beetles?

Last edited:
My favorite summer thirst quencher is:
1/2 Watermelon, juiced
2 Lemons, juiced
Combine and pour over ice. MMmmmmm....

Also occasional wine, red or white.
Occasional Patron Tequila on the rocks when out with friends.

Chef that watermelon and lemon drink sound really nice and refreshing...will have to try that, thanks for sharing buddy :)

Wine. Mostly red, though an occasional white or sparkling wine hits the spot, too.

I also enjoy a nice cold beer from time to time.

Outside of that, I drink water or tea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom