Seasoned salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seasoned salt is for lazy cooks. LOL I have 2 different kinds but only use it on meat when I'm in a hurry.

Try it on eggs its really good. Scrambled and fried. My wife loves it on her popcorn. I put it on my mashed potatoes sometimes.

Just be careful the top doesn't pop open. That could be a painful mess.

Good idea Cheryl. I also wish for a little bottle of Rooster Sirircha for my purse.:yum:

Wooo Hooo! Look what I just found! Sriracha2Go (1.69oz)

I have in my closet these seasoning salts: Trader Joe's African smoke grinder and Trader Joe's garlic salt grinder and long with bacon salt.

I used to like the Lawry's garlic salt.

BUT I use my blend the most. I buy the large bottle of Goya adobo and when it gets low (after using for several batches of the blend) I add the other ingredients to the bottle to make my next batch. That way I always have a nice looking bottle. LOL

My All Purpose Seasoning mix (I mix in large empty spice bottle with shaker top)

All amounts are to personal taste and the amount you want to make:

Granulated Garlic powder
Granulated Onion powder
Goya Adobo seasoning
Accent (or MSG) - optional
Sea Salt
Hungarian Sweet Paprika
Ground peppercorns (4 or 5 corn variety blend)
Hungarian Hot Paprika
Ground red pepper flakes
Cayenne

NOTE: Last 3 ingredients determine the heat, adjust to your personal heat preference.

Thanks for the recipes and comments everyone. I have most of the ingredients in the spice drawer so may have a go next time I'm kitchen mooching.

Seasoned salt is for lazy cooks. LOL I have 2 different kinds but only use it on meat when I'm in a hurry.

Try it on eggs its really good. Scrambled and fried. My wife loves it on her popcorn. I put it on my mashed potatoes sometimes.
Well, yes but sometimes you have to be a bit lazy to get Dinner on the tables in time

Well, yes but sometimes you have to be a bit lazy to get Dinner on the tables in time

And for some it just seems to taste better than a homemade mix. I do a lot of seasoning mixtures myself, usually just on the spur of the moment, and rarely to a recipe. They always taste just fine, but by sometimes using a pre-made blend, you can get better consistency of flavor, and for some dishes I find that important.

And for some it just seems to taste better than a homemade mix. I do a lot of seasoning mixtures myself, usually just on the spur of the moment, and rarely to a recipe. They always taste just fine, but by sometimes using a pre-made blend, you can get better consistency of flavor, and for some dishes I find that important.

You nailed it. Pre-made blends are made to a recipe. Recipes give you consistency. "Spur of the moment" is not conducive to consistency.

i'm lazy and am not ashamed of it. I am however cautious about my salt intake. I've found that seasoned salt is very high in salt.

I have It, but only uss it in ons diah, i use just a little. I like to cook sliced yellow squash with sliced onion with garlic and oleo. A little sprinkle of seasoned salt makes it just right.

i'm lazy and am not ashamed of it. I am however cautious about my salt intake. I've found that seasoned salt is very high in salt.

I have It, but only uss it in ons diah, i use just a little. I like to cook sliced yellow squash with sliced onion with garlic and oleo. A little sprinkle of seasoned salt makes it just right.

Z, you might want to try that copycat recipe for a lower salt version, say with 2Tb. of salt instead of 1/3 Cup, and celery seed instead of celery salt.

Lawrys Seasoned Salt Copycat) Recipe - Food.com

You're kidding, right? Would you expect seasoned SALT to be low in salt?

I'm sure Zhizara meant that seasoned salts are disproportionately high in salt, more seasoning needed. For anyone with salt sensitive blood pressure, they cannot find a commercial seasoned salt that fits into their parameters of desired salt intake.

I have It, but only uss it in one dish, i use just a little. I like to cook sliced yellow squash with sliced onion with garlic and oleo. A little sprinkle of seasoned salt makes it just right.

I feel that you are right. Read the label and Salt is always the first ingredient listed. Why not. It is the cheapest seasoning for the company to use. Creating your own in accordance with your dietary needs is definitely the way to go. :angel:

Penzeys has some pretty good salt-free seasoning blends. I like Mural of Flavor (although I do add salt to it) and a lot of people like Sunny Paris (it's a salt-free version of Fox Point).

Penzeys has some pretty good salt-free seasoning blends. I like Mural of Flavor (although I do add salt to it) and a lot of people like Sunny Paris (it's a salt-free version of Fox Point).

I've never used Lawry's at home, are either of those a good flavor profile similar to Lawry's?

I have both Mural of Flavor and Sunny Paris, but since I don't have Lawry's I don't know if they are a close flavor match.

Here is a clone list of ingredients:

2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons white sugar
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cornstarch

I would only use half the salt, leave out the sugar and cornstarch.

I've never used Lawry's at home, are either of those a good flavor profile similar to Lawry's?

I have both Mural of Flavor and Sunny Paris, but since I don't have Lawry's I don't know if they are a close flavor match.

I don't know. I've never used Lawry's, either.

According to the copy cat recipe, I'd say the flavor profile would be quite different for Lawry's, compared to Mural of Flavor or Sunny Paris.
I've no need to make the recipe but I really like Lawry's SS.

According to the copy cat recipe, I'd say the flavor profile would be quite different for Lawry's, compared to Mural of Flavor or Sunny Paris.
I've no need to make the recipe but I really like Lawry's SS.

Just stepping aside from salt for a moment, do you use or have you ever used Lawry's garlic spread? The conch fritter recipe I make uses it. I also used to use it half and half with butter for garlic bread, but stopped as Karen doesn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom