What is your garden doing today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My goal this week is to harvest all of the lettuce and replant that bed. It is a weird place; an old cistern that I've thrown a bag of soil on every year. SO it is now a whopping two inches deep. My husband forgets the origins of that particular garden and often suggests I put another tomato or pepper plant there. I laugh --- Honey, that dirt is only two inches deep. It is for greens and nothing else! I love it, though, because it is directly outside of the kitchen door. You walk out the door and an herb garden is on one side, the lettuce right in front of you, and tomatoes to the other side. All quite small by some standards, which makes it easy. I also have tomatoes and peppers in pots, and a veggie patch. Lovely. I swear, though, that my next home will NOT have a yard. After hubby almost died a couple of years ago from bee stings, there is no help from him in the yard, and while I love to reap the rewards, I can't say I enjoy the toil.

my poor garden wishes it would rain. seriously though I have been gathering eggplant,peppers,squash,tomatoes,beans.my herbs are still coming along quite nicely too,however my water bill has more than doubled due to all the constant watering we have to do here.

No rain yet, just a little bit this evening...
but I'm very excited..... I actually had to start popping the seed pods off some of my basil today!!!!
Pesto or bust!!!!

Back
Top Bottom