ISO Hawaiian sweet rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
I LOVE the kingsman( i think thats the brand) of hawian sweet rolls. they come in an orange bag. Anyone have a recipe for these?

thanx

King's Hawaiian Bread. I'm surprised you can't find it in Utah, given that it is available in my very small town grocery store. You should be able to get it on-line. It is a real Hawaiian staple. Available in bread, rolls, etc. The bread is super for French toast.

King's Hawaiian Bread. I'm surprised you can't find it in Utah, given that it is available in my very small town grocery store. You should be able to get it on-line. It is a real Hawaiian staple. Available in bread, rolls, etc. The bread is super for French toast.
oh no! i buy them all the time. I just want to make me own! it would be fun

I haven't looked myself, but try looking around for Portuguese bread recipes. Hawaii is a huge melting pot, and it seems to me that someone once told me that the origins of this bread was something called Portuguese sweet bread.

I haven't looked myself, but try looking around for Portuguese bread recipes. Hawaii is a huge melting pot, and it seems to me that someone once told me that the origins of this bread was something called Portuguese sweet bread.

When I lived in Hawaii in the 60s, Portuguese sweet bread is what it was called.

thanx. i did as you told and found the freshloaf.com that had some recipes for this type of bread

Just discovered these wonderful rolls up our way (maybe they've been here forever and we just never tried them) and too would like to try making them. Have you tried making them and how did they turn out?

Back
Top Bottom