"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Pizza & Focaccia
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #31
Master Chef
 
FrankZ's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
wood mark 8
That is a good one.
__________________

__________________
"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #32
Head Chef
 
RPCookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Logan County, Colorado
Posts: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
As Craig said, we precook our crusts. We actually cook both sides a little and then add toppings as it makes for a crispier crust. But, since we usually make 4, we precook 2 of them first, bring them inside and add the toppings. By the time the last 2 crusts are getting precooked by him, I've got the toppings on and the first 2 are ready to go back on the grill.
Yep.... just like this. My stone stays in my oven for baking breads. No need for pan or stone on the grill. Absolutely wonderful. I can make one larger pizza for the 2 of us, or individual sized for a group of 4 or 6 so they can be topped according to individual tastes. We actually had personal size pizzas in Italy one evening when we were invited to the home of a friend of a friend. He didn't use a grill - instead he had a wood fired pizza oven on his deck that cooked at about 650F.

We are having grilled pizza tomorrow. I can't wait.
__________________

__________________
Rick
RPCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
That looks lovely

We are making pizza tonight and love cooking on our pizza stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahsmoker View Post
We also like to do pizza on a stone on a grill. One thing to remember is put the stone on a cold grill so they warm up together otherwise the pizza stone can crack. Don't ask how I know. Here are a couple of pictures of being lazy and using a Papa Murphy's prepared pizza.

After heating the grill and stone to 550 temperature we throw on some corn meal.


Next slide on the pizza using a peel.


Ready to eat in about 15 minutes.


Grandson said yummy good.
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,323
Has anyone tried:

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

I have it on my wish list of things I "think" I want to acquire as I embark on my adventure of being a Pampered Chef consultant. The good, the bad, the ugly? What about the microwave chip maker? Again, I have that circled as s/thing I want!

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #35
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Has anyone tried:

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

I have it on my wish list of things I "think" I want to acquire as I embark on my adventure of being a Pampered Chef consultant. The good, the bad, the ugly? What about the microwave chip maker? Again, I have that circled as s/thing I want!

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
It looks like a great pan. But it says that I can't use it over charcoal. I don't use a gas grill. I only 'q over charcoal or wood. So this pan won't work for me. But my CI skillets will.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
I seem to be in the minority in my family and the world. I prefer charcoal grilling to gas. I know you can use wood with the gas grill, but the folks I know can't seem to be bothered. Here we have a gas grill. Anyone can use it. But they never do unless someone is throwing an "End of Summer Party." Then there is the same person doing the cooking. He is a devout devotee' of the dreaded Italian Dressing marinade. YUK! I need to find someone who uses charcoal and become fast friends with them. I will even bring my own food. One of my favorite foods is pizza over charcoal. Entirely different flavor from a gas grill.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #37
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
I seem to be in the minority in my family and the world. I prefer charcoal grilling to gas. I know you can use wood with the gas grill, but the folks I know can't seem to be bothered. Here we have a gas grill. Anyone can use it. But they never do unless someone is throwing an "End of Summer Party." Then there is the same person doing the cooking. He is a devout devotee' of the dreaded Italian Dressing marinade. YUK! I need to find someone who uses charcoal and become fast friends with them. I will even bring my own food. One of my favorite foods is pizza over charcoal. Entirely different flavor from a gas grill.
I like charcoal too, but the gas grill gets used almost every day here because you turn it on and it is ready in a flash!
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
It looks like a great pan. But it says that I can't use it over charcoal. I don't use a gas grill. I only 'q over charcoal or wood. So this pan won't work for me. But my CI skillets will.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I wonder what would happen to it if one used it over charcoal. Perhaps I'll contact customer service and ask. I'm in the process of seasoning a 10" CI griddle (flat). First I had to clean it...I'm on the fourth cycle of heating it...I'm thinking it might be the ticket for pizza on the grill...whether I use the propane one or the smoker with just charcoal...
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #39
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I wonder what would happen to it if one used it over charcoal. Perhaps I'll contact customer service and ask. I'm in the process of seasoning a 10" CI griddle (flat). First I had to clean it...I'm on the fourth cycle of heating it...I'm thinking it might be the ticket for pizza on the grill...whether I use the propane one or the smoker with just charcoal...
Copied from link above.

Guidelines for Grilling Pizza


Charcoal - Not recommended
due to over charring bottom of the crust

Not recommended
since bottom of the crust cooks faster
than toppings
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
You know all that crud and crust that over the years forms on the outside of your ci frying pan? Well I read many moons ago that if you have a charcoal grill, when you are done BBQing, place your ci pan directly on top (not of the rack) of the remaing coals while they are dying out. Then while the pan is still hot and all the coals are now cold, scrape off all that crud and crust. The really hot heat of the coals will burn off most of it and the rest will be soft enough to scrape off easily.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
grill, pizza

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.