"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Pizza & Focaccia

Old 08-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #31
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
wood mark 8
That is a good one.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #32
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
As Craig said, we precook our crusts. We actually cook both sides a little and then add toppings as it makes for a crispier crust. But, since we usually make 4, we precook 2 of them first, bring them inside and add the toppings. By the time the last 2 crusts are getting precooked by him, I've got the toppings on and the first 2 are ready to go back on the grill.
Yep.... just like this. My stone stays in my oven for baking breads. No need for pan or stone on the grill. Absolutely wonderful. I can make one larger pizza for the 2 of us, or individual sized for a group of 4 or 6 so they can be topped according to individual tastes. We actually had personal size pizzas in Italy one evening when we were invited to the home of a friend of a friend. He didn't use a grill - instead he had a wood fired pizza oven on his deck that cooked at about 650F.

We are having grilled pizza tomorrow. I can't wait.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

That looks lovely

We are making pizza tonight and love cooking on our pizza stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahsmoker View Post
We also like to do pizza on a stone on a grill. One thing to remember is put the stone on a cold grill so they warm up together otherwise the pizza stone can crack. Don't ask how I know. Here are a couple of pictures of being lazy and using a Papa Murphy's prepared pizza.

After heating the grill and stone to 550 temperature we throw on some corn meal.

Next slide on the pizza using a peel.

Ready to eat in about 15 minutes.

Grandson said yummy good.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Has anyone tried:

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

I have it on my wish list of things I "think" I want to acquire as I embark on my adventure of being a Pampered Chef consultant. The good, the bad, the ugly? What about the microwave chip maker? Again, I have that circled as s/thing I want!

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #35
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Has anyone tried:

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

I have it on my wish list of things I "think" I want to acquire as I embark on my adventure of being a Pampered Chef consultant. The good, the bad, the ugly? What about the microwave chip maker? Again, I have that circled as s/thing I want!

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
It looks like a great pan. But it says that I can't use it over charcoal. I don't use a gas grill. I only 'q over charcoal or wood. So this pan won't work for me. But my CI skillets will.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

I seem to be in the minority in my family and the world. I prefer charcoal grilling to gas. I know you can use wood with the gas grill, but the folks I know can't seem to be bothered. Here we have a gas grill. Anyone can use it. But they never do unless someone is throwing an "End of Summer Party." Then there is the same person doing the cooking. He is a devout devotee' of the dreaded Italian Dressing marinade. YUK! I need to find someone who uses charcoal and become fast friends with them. I will even bring my own food. One of my favorite foods is pizza over charcoal. Entirely different flavor from a gas grill.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
I seem to be in the minority in my family and the world. I prefer charcoal grilling to gas. I know you can use wood with the gas grill, but the folks I know can't seem to be bothered. Here we have a gas grill. Anyone can use it. But they never do unless someone is throwing an "End of Summer Party." Then there is the same person doing the cooking. He is a devout devotee' of the dreaded Italian Dressing marinade. YUK! I need to find someone who uses charcoal and become fast friends with them. I will even bring my own food. One of my favorite foods is pizza over charcoal. Entirely different flavor from a gas grill.
I like charcoal too, but the gas grill gets used almost every day here because you turn it on and it is ready in a flash!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
It looks like a great pan. But it says that I can't use it over charcoal. I don't use a gas grill. I only 'q over charcoal or wood. So this pan won't work for me. But my CI skillets will.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I wonder what would happen to it if one used it over charcoal. Perhaps I'll contact customer service and ask. I'm in the process of seasoning a 10" CI griddle (flat). First I had to clean it...I'm on the fourth cycle of heating it...I'm thinking it might be the ticket for pizza on the grill...whether I use the propane one or the smoker with just charcoal...
Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I wonder what would happen to it if one used it over charcoal. Perhaps I'll contact customer service and ask. I'm in the process of seasoning a 10" CI griddle (flat). First I had to clean it...I'm on the fourth cycle of heating it...I'm thinking it might be the ticket for pizza on the grill...whether I use the propane one or the smoker with just charcoal...
Copied from link above.

Guidelines for Grilling Pizza

Charcoal - Not recommended
due to over charring bottom of the crust

Not recommended
since bottom of the crust cooks faster
than toppings
Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

You know all that crud and crust that over the years forms on the outside of your ci frying pan? Well I read many moons ago that if you have a charcoal grill, when you are done BBQing, place your ci pan directly on top (not of the rack) of the remaing coals while they are dying out. Then while the pan is still hot and all the coals are now cold, scrape off all that crud and crust. The really hot heat of the coals will burn off most of it and the rest will be soft enough to scrape off easily.

Tags
grill, pizza