"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources
Old 11-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
Senior Cook
Cooking Websites ♥

Besides DC. What are your favorite cooking websites?! That you like browsing through to see the different things they cook?!

I like Pioneer Woman, I've watched her show a few times.

Jessica_Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
Sous Chef
There are many that I go to depending on what I am interested in making. My favorites are food.com, allrecipes.ca, bbqpitboys.com and chefkoch.de

Rocket_J_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef
Jess, check out the Cooking Links section for a ton links members have listed.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
The links in that section are pretty old. Here are a few of my favorites:
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
If I see something I'd like to make from a cooking show, then I use their website, i.e., cooking channel or food network, to check out the recipe. If I like it, I copy the recipe to a Word document and make any changes I'd like.

If it's an ingredient I'm looking for recipe ideas, I just google the ingredient plus "recipe" and see what comes up. Usually more ideas come from Allrecipes, but also cooks.com, plus Food Network or cooking channel.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
For Danish recipes, mostly Opskrifter/Madopskrifter Alletiders Kogebog I also use a Danish grilling forum: www.grillguru.dk • Portal

Often when I'm Googling where to find ingredients in Montreal, I get the info at Quebec (inc. Montreal) - Chowhound.
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
Head Chef
Some of my favorites:
Food.com - Thousands Of Free Recipes From Home Chefs With Recipe Ratings, Reviews And Tips

David Lebovitz

Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides

Leite's Culinaria | Recipes, Food, and Cooking Blog
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces."
merstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
Master Chef
Epicurious, Pioneer Woman, Food.com, and allrecipes.

Although, I pretty much quit reading the reviews on allrecipes. They are one of the worst I've seen for changing the recipe to where it's nearly unrecognizable as the original recipe, then rating it 5 star. Oy. I still go there for ideas though.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
Executive Chef
I like Tastespotting dot com. Food pictures. If something looks good, new or interesting, it's easy to click on the pic and read the recipe. Reader submitted. Bloggers, Professional bloggers and some sponsored recipes. I usually follow-up with my own recipe search for other options before I actually put together one of the recipes though. It's a starting point. And besides, just because it gets posted, all it means iniitally is that the author is a good food photographer, not necessarily a good cook. Sometimes both.
It's worth a look-see.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #10
Master Chef
I'll admit to being a Chew-a-holic. I've made quite a few recipes that have been demonstrated on the show: Watch the chew Online - Watch Full Episodes Online - ABC.com

I also find a lot to like as a recipe or a starting point from both Allrecipes - Recipes and cooking confidence for home cooks everywhere, Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides, and The Kitchn | Inspiring cooks, nourishing homes ~ all mentioned above.

There are two other sites I like to go to, Big Red Kitchen | a regular gathering of distinguished guests and Blue Kitchen, but mostly for their entertainment values. I have made a recipe or two from each site however.

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote

cook, cooking, websites