"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-04-2016, 09:37 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
They might have, but I really don't remember. Thing is, this was an emergency surgery, not a scheduled one. Even if I had just eaten a huge Christmas dinner, they would have had to put me under and do the surgery right then and there.
Quote:
A couple years ago I again ended up in the ER, this time with an aneurysm. Before surgery the next morning, one of the nurses offered to let me eat the last breakfast they had left - black bean chili.
I'm confused. So did you spend the night in the hospital before the surgery, or was it an emergency surgery done as soon as you were diagnosed?

Old 10-05-2016, 02:00 AM   #32
Sous Chef

I remember I dont eat blue and green mold cheese because I stopped breathing ones, they say I am not allergic to it, it was the antibiotics I also had. But they havent to prove that either. So I dont.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:32 AM   #33
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm confused. So did you spend the night in the hospital before the surgery, or was it an emergency surgery done as soon as you were diagnosed?
I believe Rodent is talking about two different visits.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
I believe Rodent is talking about two different visits.
I don't think so. I've only been asking about the aneurysm surgery.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #35
Head Chef

Hmmm, re-read all of the posts, thinking you are right, but two different aneurysms?

COM'ON RODENT!!! Clear the air and set us straight!
Old 10-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #36
Sous Chef

No, it was one aneurysm, two hospitals. I went in to the ER here where I live about oh, 1 or 2 in the morning. I waited a couple hours in the ER and when they finally saw me, they did a CAT scan or something and maybe an MRI too. All that took an hour or two. Then they gave me a spinal tap and saw blood. At that point I was transferred over to Harborview via ambulance and that's about an hour long trip, plus traffic. I was there for about an hour (I had the procedure explained to me, papers to sign, etc) and then (after I ate) I was brought in for surgery.

I don't remember exactly when I went in, but I think it was around 6 or 7am. I have no idea when I came out. It was late evening when I was allowed to sit up and that's when I finally got my time sense back.

So I went into the ER in the wee early morning hours and it was about 6 hours later before I was actually in surgery. I imagine if I hadn't been put in the waiting room and if the original hospital had the facilities to do the surgery, I would have gotten into surgery much sooner.

Yeah, a lot of time wasted, but had I not been able to walk or talk, an ambulance would have brought me to the first hospital and maybe Life Flight would have brought me to Harborview. I say maybe because we had some pretty bad weather and I have no idea how bad the weather has to be before it affects the choppers. The helipad was right outside my ICU room and I watched those guys land in some pretty nasty weather. As a pilot's daughter, I have to say I would never consider taking off and flying in the kind of weather we had. Those guys got guts.

It was still considered emergency surgery, though. They would no way have sent me home and scheduled me to come back. And I often wondered if the person at the original ER desk got in trouble for making me wait that long in the waiting room. Because technically, since the aneurysm had ruptured, I was having a stroke, which is what I told her when I went in. I guess I should have been more hysterical about it.

All that was a couple years ago. The appendectomy was back in 1989.

Alrighty then! Now, does anyone want to hear how I drove those poor nurses crazy?
Old 10-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #37
Sous Chef

Back to the food.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #38
Head Chef

Quote:
Back to the food.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #39
Sous Chef

Dragnlaw: Two people I know went to Spain, ended up on one of these tourist filled town and went and ordered a local dish with rabbit at packed restaurant. Well, friend nr 2 is a veterinarian and when they got these roasted "rabbit", he could clearly see it was cat, just cut to look more rabbit like. That ended that dinner.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakePoet View Post
Dragnlaw: Two people I know went to Spain, ended up on one of these tourist filled town and went and ordered a local dish with rabbit at packed restaurant. Well, friend nr 2 is a veterinarian and when they got these roasted "rabbit", he could clearly see it was cat, just cut to look more rabbit like. That ended that dinner.

Oh good lord. That's disgusting! I'd have a hard time with rabbit, no way cat!

Tags
eating