Bad experiences while eating something you've always liked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Citric acid isnt made from citrus fruit any more and you dont get swollen lips from then, because the body makes it own citric acid on a regular basis.

Commercially made citric acid is used in many foods, particularly things like strawberry glazes. It is made from a mold and corn is used in production, both of which can cause symptoms such as Roadfix had. You might want to check literature before making blanket statements....

Well mold seldom causes swollen lips. At least that what my doctor told me and I am allergic to mold. Also the citric acid should be purified to the point of nothing else but citric acid and no mold spores.

My mouth was swollen when I woke up this morning like if someone had punched me. I'm pretty sure it was the cheese cake I had last night. I took some Benydryl. I've never had this reaction from eating cheese cake before....

Are you taking any new medication? That happened to my husband once - it was a side effect from an antibiotic.

Hm. Strawberries are a fairly common allergen. The glaze as med explained might also be the culprit. I think we've diagnosed roadfix.

Angelina Jolie is a beautiful woman, you could have done worse, roadfix!

Last edited:
No, I'm not taking any meds. Anyway, my lips gradually returned to their normal size after about 12 hours.... I had trouble singing in the shower yesterday...:LOL:

Just please be careful. Next time it could be the same thing, or it could be a LOT worse reaction.

Is the trouble singing a new thing, or old? :LOL: Remember the hold joke that was something about playing the piano? It was a before and after thing. I'm terrible with jokes and can't remember them or tell them well either.

...Is that something from your homeland...?

Yes. The crayfish we used to catch back in the old country was the size of a medium lobster. It is a different species than what is sold here in the store and it did have unpleasant smell when cooked, unless Dill was used.

Go and check roadfix, if it strawberries or the fungicide ( yes common stuff on strawberries) you are allergic too.

Back
Top Bottom