"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
View Poll Results: Grilling
lid on 9 75.00%
lid of 3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

up, down, up, down.

i'm seeing a weber/marching band commercial here.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
up, down, up, down.

i'm seeing a weber/marching band commercial here.
Could it be to the tune of "Look for the union label"

Old 06-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

Gas grills I have owned, including a Weber and a Ducane among others, all tell you to cook with the lid closed. Of course, you'd have to read the manual to know that.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Gas grills I have owned, including a Weber and a Ducane among others, all tell you to cook with the lid closed. Of course, you'd have to read the manual to know that.
I never been one to play by the rules, I take a manual with a grain of salt, to me common sense is used more, and everybody needs to follow theirs... It's not really rocket science, for most of us, people just need to spread their wings and go for it... Cooking is a beautiful, satisfying, thing for everyone... JMO XOXO
Old 06-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizkitchen View Post
I never been one to play by the rules, I take a manual with a grain of salt, to me common sense is used more, and everybody needs to follow theirs... It's not really rocket science, for most of us, people just need to spread their wings and go for it... Cooking is a beautiful, satisfying, thing for everyone... JMO XOXO
Do you blow dry your hair in the bath tub, too?
Old 06-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Do you blow dry your hair in the bath tub, too?
As a matter of fact I do, just have enuf common sense not to let the cord fall in the water...
Old 06-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
Flour Child

....but, but, but, mimiz...you DID say "...people just need to spread their wings and go for it" lol

...when grilling vegetables on a charcoal grill, never, never, never cover with the lid. My uncle chuck did that and the veggies tasted so potently of lighter fluid and smoke that we had to throw them all out...yuk!

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #18
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
....but, but, but, mimiz...you DID say "...people just need to spread their wings and go for it" lol

...when grilling vegetables on a charcoal grill, never, never, never cover with the lid. My uncle chuck did that and the veggies tasted so potently of lighter fluid and smoke that we had to throw them all out...yuk!
Uncle Chuck should have let the fire burn off the lighter fluid before he started cooking. the closed lid wasn't the reason.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #19
Flour Child

...has anyone told you today that you're a smart guy, Andy? Or maybe I'm just really dense...lol...but really, that didn't occur to me that uncle chuck didn't let the lighter fluid burn off first. Now everyone knows my dirty little secret ...grilling isn't my strong suit

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #20
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
...has anyone told you today that you're a smart guy, Andy? Or maybe I'm just really dense...lol...but really, that didn't occur to me that uncle chuck didn't let the lighter fluid burn off first. Now everyone knows my dirty little secret ...grilling isn't my strong suit