"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by DOpig View Post
Kadesma, Minted fruit salad! Here is your chance to be a teacher. Share with me a recipe and the how to's.
Sorry I'm just getting back to you..I just pick the fruit I like best and that is in season, now and then I splurge and buy some strawberries or blackberries but usually I use several types of melon a honeydew and watermelon the small one that is all heart and no seeds, I add a can of drained pineapple chunks, the berries,apple slices several peeled and sectioned oranges, red seedless grapes, halved...I take the mint and add it to a simple syrup which I chill then pour over the fruit then chill the whole thing. To make a simple syrup I just take 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar,the juice of 2 limes, mix together and bring to a boil add a half a bunch of mint push it down into the hot liquid and simmer several minutes.pour through a strainer let cool then pour over your fruit..If serving in one large bowl I add several sprigs of the mint to garnish, do the same using one sprig for a single serving...You can add a jigger or two of vodka to your simple syrup if there will be only adults, plain if children are expected. Enjoy

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:36 AM   #12
Assistant Cook
kadesma, Thanks so much. I'll give it a try.

DOpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:54 AM   #13
Assistant Cook
Very thinly slice some pineapple and lay on a large platter. Then chop some fresh mint and scrunch together in a pestle & mortar with some sugar. Sprinkle over pineapple and that's it. Very simple but very delicious!
Then I would maybe do a simple scrambled egg dish with some thinly sliced smoked salmon and dill folded in at the last minute and serve on some toast that has been cut diagonally from a French stick.
That's just me though, it might sound horrible to others...

I started life with nothing and still have most of it left...
SoupDragon is offline   Reply With Quote