Originally Posted by granniero
I have 40 leftover, grilled hot dogs. I'm afraid if I freeze and try to save, they will be more rubbery than already. Any ideas ? Thanks !
I presume you kept the 4 dozen or so buns to go with?
- 40 leftover, grilled hot dogs
- 40 leftover, buns
- condiments for slathering
- 6 sawhorses
- 1 child's inflatable wading pool
- six 5-pound bags of ice
- 5-6 cases of beer (probably more, more is better)
- 1 barbecue, gas or charcoal
- 1 ghetto blaster, 100 watts per channel
- your choice of music, to taste
Set up the sawhorses on your street, three on each side of your house, arrayed to block traffic.
Inflate the child's wading pool in middle of street. Dump the ice into the pool. Dump the beer cans or bottles into the ice.
Turn on the ghetto blaster, insert music, light the barbecue.
As neighbors show up hand each one a beer, a hot dog inserted in bun and slathered with whatever condiments. Point out where there's more beer, more hot dogs, more buns, more condiments, and tell them to bring some more music if they don't like what you're playing.
Optional: Explain to cops exactly what you're doing. Hope they like beer and 'dogs.