"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
It worked! She loved it! Thanks everyone.

I diced two green onions, a quarter of a green pepper, a stalk of celery and sliced some lettuce and button mushrooms. I threw those on to a buttered non-stick pan right away and also added some salt and pepper right from the start. I later added 8 eggs and the Tandoori spice. Then once it was nearly done and scrambled nicely, I added thin strips of cheddar.

It was awesome! A tenfold increase in deliciousness from the first dish.

Ok, so now I know how to make scrambled eggs, haha! How could I use this knowledge to make a killer omelette? Or how about utilizing wraps in some way? That could be interesting, but I'm ready for another level of difficulty.
__________________

__________________
Dubious Drewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,984
I've never heard of lettuce or celery in scrambled eggs, but to each his own.

Anything you add to the scrambled eggs can be put in an omelet I would think.
__________________

__________________
vagriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
Master Chef
 
DaveSoMD's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,038
Just cook all the fillings first (not the cheese obviously).

Pour the mixed eggs in your non-sick pan that has had butter melted into it.
Swirl the eggs and cook. Pull in from the end until it starts to come together, making sure you let the uncooked run to the outside. Let it set up some then add your filling and cheest to one side.

Slide the omlet out of the pan, filling side first, onto a plate and as it comes out fold it in half.
__________________
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #14
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
My favorite omelet: roasted asparagus, roasted red peppers served with Hollandaise sauce.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #15
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious Drewski View Post
Or how about utilizing wraps in some way? That could be interesting, but I'm ready for another level of difficulty.
Wow, I totally missed this! Breakfast burritos are one of my favorite. I usually just fry some bacon, scramble some eggs, and then put both in a flour tortilla with sour cream, salsa, and cheese. Then roll it up and eat. You can add chili cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and others to the eggs before you cook if you like. Hashbrowns are a welcome addition in bfast burritos too.

This makes me think of something Will Forte was quoted as saying in some magazine (Rolling Stone or Men's Health maybe).

"80% of what I eat is burritos, the other 20% is breakfast burritos."
__________________
vagriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:26 AM   #16
Cook
 
tzakiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 99
Instead of salt, you can also try a few drops of vinegar. (for general seasoning, dunno about omelets.)
__________________

tzakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.