Pronounce this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mad Cook, you have completely misunderstood the point. It's mostly people who make a point of being knowledgeable about food and nutrition who exclaim proudly that they "don't eat chemicals" or "don't eat something I can't pronounce," which says to me that they don't really understand what the word chemicals means. Many food additives are as innocuous as the food itself and all identified food elements have their own chemical names.

So this is not a slam against the uneducated, but the educated yet ignorant, like the parents in California responsible for outbreaks of whooping cough, etc., because they think they know more about infectious disease than medical professionals and epidemiologists.

gg, i understood your post from the get go.

i can't pronounce everything (i mean i can, but someone else might not understand me. lol.)

on the other side of the coin, there's "healthy" or natural stuff that's not good for you, too.

i know people who drink loads of alcohol, but refuse to eat things "made from chemicals" like doritos, or hot dogs.

EVERYTHING is made from chemicals, and humans are adaptive.

Here's an article describing in more detail the problem I outlined:
The Food Babe and Rob Schneider: When companies choose poorly – Respectful Insolence
A dear, long-time friend of mine (she was my Brownie co-leader back in 1989-90) and I are facebook friends. She just loves sharing posts from "Natural News". Talk about super-hoax, pseudoscience quackery! Unfortunately, I keep forgetting to disable posts from Natural News and am still exposed to the Onion of health and science! Except, he doesn't realize most of his articles would qualify for The Onion! :LOL:

A dear, long-time friend of mine (she was my Brownie co-leader back in 1989-90) and I are facebook friends. She just loves sharing posts from "Natural News". Talk about super-hoax, pseudoscience quackery! Unfortunately, I keep forgetting to disable posts from Natural News and am still exposed to the Onion of health and science! Except, he doesn't realize most of his articles would qualify for The Onion! :LOL:

LOL, CG! :ROFLMAO: I could say the same about one of my Fb friends. The things she posts really surprise me .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom